+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Thanks so much everyone was just chatting to a friend about this after posting and she mentioned a podiatrist near her that specialises in this kind of thing for young kids. So might check them out soon and go the GP physio route if it doesn't help. This podiatrist also stocks a huge range of kids shoes with support too which I definitely think will help as I notice a difference even when she's walking in her toddler saltwater sandals (which aren't as supportive as those pictured but naturally straighten her foot and stop her rolling them).
    Are you in Qld by any chance? Are you talking about a place called little big feet?
    Pm me as I've been there several times. If you want.
    I would still see dr or physio first. Podiatry can be super $$ and may not be worth it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Are you in Qld by any chance? Are you talking about a place called little big feet?
    Pm me as I've been there several times. If you want.
    I would still see dr or physio first. Podiatry can be super $$ and may not be worth it.
    Just PMed you x

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

    Tamtam  (09-01-2016)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @CluckySC
    Heres a few pics. In order to what she wears now.
    Her feet were really bad. They don't do it very much at all now. Her left foot actually is actually almost totally corrected. And I often let her run sound barefoot or just with shoes on and no orthotic.
    Attached Images

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    701
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    278
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD's feet roll in. At 2 I took her to a podiatrist who said come back at 4 as they wouldn't do anything until then but to get supportive footwear. At 4 the podiatrist said she needs orthotics. The cost was huge ($500) so we went with generic ones to see if it would help and she's stopped complaining of leg pain. So most of the time she's in sneakers with her supports in

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    @CluckySC
    Heres a few pics. In order to what she wears now.
    Her feet were really bad. They don't do it very much at all now. Her left foot actually is actually almost totally corrected. And I often let her run sound barefoot or just with shoes on and no orthotic.
    Thank you heaps for that. I'm so glad to hear they're improving.

    DD's aren't as severe as that. This is her front and back. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452417572.531247.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452417595.250539.jpg

    Fingers crossed it goes smoothly this week when we go look into it

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    311
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    My DD's feet roll in. At 2 I took her to a podiatrist who said come back at 4 as they wouldn't do anything until then but to get supportive footwear. At 4 the podiatrist said she needs orthotics. The cost was huge ($500) so we went with generic ones to see if it would help and she's stopped complaining of leg pain. So most of the time she's in sneakers with her supports in
    That's positive 👍🏼 My eldest son's roll in slightly but as long as he has shoes with a bit of arch support he's fine.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,160
    Thanks
    1,701
    Thanked
    3,395
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Thank you heaps for that. I'm so glad to hear they're improving.

    DD's aren't as severe as that. This is her front and back. Attachment 77359Attachment 77360

    Fingers crossed it goes smoothly this week when we go look into it
    She might just need to some arch supports. .. looks a bit like her arch need something extra.
    hopefully you'll get some answers from the podiatrist this week.

    I was told is not painful or anything. It's just what they get used to. Also was told is quite normal for toddlers to roll a little bit in too...until they build strength.
    Keep us posted.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @CluckySC my dd2 had similar feet and the podiatrist just recommended supportive footwear. Now at 3yo she is just fine.

    We were also told lots of barefoot play in the sand and grass. But supportive footwear on concrete and hard floors.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked
    32
    Reviews
    3
    Hi everyone...just wondering if anybody knows a good paediatric podiatrist in Brisbane please?

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    @Its Me .. I took my DD to Little Big Feet in Kenmore .. they were fantastic!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to emena For This Useful Post:

    Its Me  (19-03-2017)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Toddler shoes for wide feet
    By Twocam in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 18:15
  2. Dodgy feet
    By SpecialPatrolGroup in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 29-11-2015, 03:50
  3. My big feet girls
    By monnie24 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 14:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Food supplements for kidsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›