+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanks
    784
    Thanked
    1,139
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klesis View Post
    Hi,

    I just wanted to tell you that the darkness of the line REALLY doesn't correlate with the beta number. I had my beta yesterday of 9000+, and my BFP the night before that was SOOO faint (I took 2, same brand "predictor early pregnancy test") that I was convinced I was gonna get a BFN or chemical. And to add, the second line took like half an hour to show up (supposed to be 5 min). So, conclusion, don't bother with the HPTs. I am also in the waiting game for 7 week scan, here's hoping both of us will be fine! Good luck!
    Just thought I would let you know that the OP has posted to say that she lost the baby. Unfortunately her scan showed an empty sack.

    Also in regards to tests and lines. I received a beautiful dark line and had my hcg come back at a ridiculously low level of 6. So yes light lines can still result in high beta but darker lines can just as easily result in low beta. I never knew how sensitive the tests were until a found what a line of 6 looks like!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    20
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Just thought I would let you know that the OP has posted to say that she lost the baby. Unfortunately her scan showed an empty sack.

    Also in regards to tests and lines. I received a beautiful dark line and had my hcg come back at a ridiculously low level of 6. So yes light lines can still result in high beta but darker lines can just as easily result in low beta. I never knew how sensitive the tests were until a found what a line of 6 looks like!
    I had a decent line on Sunday, went for bloods on Tuesday and only got a level of 8! I have taken another test and there is no line bfn! Not sure what is going on!?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanks
    784
    Thanked
    1,139
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummys2maddi View Post
    I had a decent line on Sunday, went for bloods on Tuesday and only got a level of 8! I have taken another test and there is no line bfn! Not sure what is going on!?
    Sadly it might have been a chemical... They are frustrating but for me, I think they would be better than things not progressing later on. I got the line just before heading off for bloods so it made absolutely no sense! Damn FRERs!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

    mummys2maddi  (17-02-2016)

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked
    20
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseNotTheHare View Post
    Sadly it might have been a chemical... They are frustrating but for me, I think they would be better than things not progressing later on. I got the line just before heading off for bloods so it made absolutely no sense! Damn FRERs!
    What happens with a chemical ? Do you just get a normal period afterwards? What do I expect? Terrible cramping? Sorry I have never been through this so unsure what is to come.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,491
    Thanks
    7,458
    Thanked
    6,192
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummys2maddi View Post
    What happens with a chemical ? Do you just get a normal period afterwards? What do I expect? Terrible cramping? Sorry I have never been through this so unsure what is to come.
    Mine I had a very heavy AF with bad cramping.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

    mummys2maddi  (17-02-2016)

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,771
    Thanks
    784
    Thanked
    1,139
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With mine I had cramps and a heavy period which lasted one day. There was also clumps of what I can only describe as tissue and lots of clots. It wasn't pleasant at all and had me showing DP because it scared me a little. *hugs*

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:

    mummys2maddi  (18-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Small red dots progressing to flakey skin
    By BitsHead in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-10-2015, 08:06
  2. IVF. What tests can I do.
    By sarah1982 in forum IVF
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-07-2015, 05:47
  3. Are these tests getting lighter?
    By acerbaby in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 11:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
TribalanceTriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›