+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started studying online in 2013, my eldest was in school 5 days, my 2nd was at school 3 days, and I still had the youngest 2 at home with me. Last year, I had 3 in school 5 days, 1 in school 3 days and the youngest at home 5 days, so I've always had to study around my children.

I never study at night time, my brain is well and truly dead by then. I study during the day, around looking after the children. I listen to my lectures whilst the children are occupied, even if it means pausing a few times in between to tend to them.

Writing essays also happened around the children, I have now mastered the art of writing a good essay from start to finish in about 5 hours. Reading my textbooks is where I tended to fall behind, reading with constant interruptions during the day was too hard and I was too tired by evenings, so I did what I could on weekends/when DH was home, and the rest I would cram in during study week before exams.

I am not by any means a model student in regards to my study habits, I'm a last minute crammer, but I'm a Distinction average student, so it's just what works for me.

This year I have to study on-campus, and I also have to do 16 weeks of full-time prac placement from Jun-Oct so my study habits are about to change, and I will be using childcare for the youngest and before/after school care for the bigger 3. This year is going to be my biggest shake up with study yet

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (05-01-2016),Tamtam  (05-01-2016)