+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tips for double pumping please...

Hi All

I've just started double pumping and wanted to see if anyone had any tips to make it easier. I feel really awkward doing it and want to refine my technique (for lack of a better word) before I start doing this at work.

Do I need to get one of those bra type things that hold the shields in place? I'm thinking that would be easier or do I just need to practice more?

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I was pumping, I found it easier with a bra to hold the shields in place. I had an old one so cut slits in it when pumping for DS, and with DD, I managed to manoeuvre them so the maternity bra would hold them from memory.

Meant I could use my hands rather than having to sit there holding them, so I could have a cup of tea without manoeuvring on arm over one boob with my hand on the other! I found the soft suction shields better than the hard ones too. Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    When I was pumping, I found it easier with a bra to hold the shields in place. I had an old one so cut slits in it when pumping for DS, and with DD, I managed to manoeuvre them so the maternity bra would hold them from memory.

Meant I could use my hands rather than having to sit there holding them, so I could have a cup of tea without manoeuvring on arm over one boob with my hand on the other! I found the soft suction shields better than the hard ones too. Good luck!
    I used an old strapless bra and cut slits in it to hold the flanges. It was easy to pop on top of any clothes I was wearing.

Meant I could eat lunch and or read a magazine at work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (02-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cutting slits in an old bra is such a good idea, I don't know how I made it through the last 18 months of pumping without doing this! >_<
    I double pump at my desk at work, I just get them attached then pull my chair in close to my desk so the bottles are pinned between me and the desk, and held in on the sides by my elbows while I keep typing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post

It's all about being able to have a cup of tea! It's my only chance to actually have one.

I'll have to hunt for an old bra that I can cut - what a great idea. After buying the pump (just upgraded to s Spectra S1 from a Swing) I was hoping not to have to spend more on a bra thingy.

Thanks heaps ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep I cut slits in an old bra too, made it so much easier. I've seen that you can now buy bras specifically for the purpose of holding the pumps in place but if you have an old bra that you're willing to cut into it's definitely a cheaper option.