+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Minds 2:1 at Cloudbreak (FMG) since 2009... @BEARD88 is your hubby home for Christmas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @amtEL yes he is Flys in on the 21st. He wasnt suppost to be but they asked him to swap swings a few months ago and ended up that he is home now. I think hes missed 2 or 3 Christmases since hes been there. He usually puts in for holidays quite early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BEARD88 we've been pretty lucky so far, this is the worst it's been (missing Christmas & NY) but they changed the holiday system & we got caught out as it wasn't communicated, they used to do a ballad system for leave at Christmas in about October but now it's first in best dressed, sonny the time we knew it was all taken... but such is life, will know for next time! We'll make this Sunday special for him & kids are young enough not to realise!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone I'm new here. No kids yet, however I am pregnant with our first.
    We have been travelling for a large portion of 2016 & hubby returned to FIFO 4:1 a few weeks after our return. We were very lucky as it appears I ovulated the day he left, so timing worked out well because things weren't going to line up again for awhile.
    We've been FIFO for awhile. Hubby worked FIFO for 2 years before our trip & before that I worked FIFO for 2 years.
    It's been good because I know how it feels to be away. I think it's a bit harder for hubby this time, he feels like he's missing out on stuff now that I'm pregnant. Before it was just everyday stuff that's no big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @mawright91 welcome!

Hope the pregnancy is going well, when are you due?

I'm 18weeks with #3, we've been FIFO with all of them but we where 8:6 roster with the first 2, that changed when #2 was about 6 months old & we got moved to a 2/1 roster, we still miss the cushy 8:6 roster but they are hard to come by so we are just plodding along as best we can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL I'm just short of 9 weeks now. I used to do 10:4 & it was terrible, too much time wasted travelling, 2:1 was a bit the same but it depends where you live/work. We live in country Victoria & hubby is working on the Wheatstone project in WA, so we lose about 2 days of his week off right now.
    He's not a fan of the time away, but he certainly likes being ahead on the home loan haha.. The end game is to build enough industry experience to qualify for a maintenance FIFO position, they are pretty awesome rosters

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Well our life is changing. DH did his first day at work in our hometown today. It might take some getting use to, but after 18 months being FIFO, he has finally been transferred back to our hometown.

His new role means that he will still go away for short periods (and my role means I still go away for short periods), but I am sure we will manage.

Wishing everyone a great 2017 and hope the swings are kind to you.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (11-01-2017),babyno1onboard  (10-01-2017),Gentoo  (11-01-2017),gingermillie  (10-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy the changes @DJ Nette I'd give just about anything for DH to be home more but for now have to take it how it is.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi all

Hi Ladies,

I am a married stay at home mum to a 3.5 year old and 1 year old boys from melbourne.

We're originally from Sydney and as such have no family here in Melbourne.

My husband travels interstate each month for work and internationally 1-3 times a year.

It would be great to connect with others here and some mums in Melbourne also.

Parenting alone most of the time is bloody tough!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jo1981 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (02-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Located in north Brissy

Same here. My partner is away 6-7 weeks each time. We are a defence fam. Im a mum to a beautiful 21 month old boy. We dont have anyone here and even though we are tracking along well some days it gets tough.. Anyone in the same boat in N. Brisbane or anywhere Brisbane really that wants to meet up msg me😃 we are in Bracken Ridge north side.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazz8 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (09-06-2017)