+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poosplosions

DD2 is 10 weeks old and I feel like I'm cleaning up after a poosplosion at least once a week. With DD1 I remember it only happened twice because I took photos to send to DH. Is it normal for poo to be leaking so often? There is literally poo everywhere. I have to give her a bath because it's not something wipes can fix. She is fully breastfed but could she be getting too much milk or am I putting the nappies on incorrectly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You probably just need to find a nappy brand and size that fits better. Are the nappies full from wee before the poosplosions?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Breastfed babies can save it up and have enormous poosplosions. In the early days, one of mine was putting 300g per week and was a poo machine. There wasn't a nappy on the market that could contain what she could produce. I found it settled down when they get older.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine have them daily. Fat babies. Lots of milk. Lots of poo.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (30-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's called a number 3. http://youtu.be/paw0M7p1-8k. Makes me giggle every time I watch it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (29-12-2015),Leettieb  (30-12-2015),SSecret Squirrel  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD is about the same age and is a poo machine! I'm so jealous of people whose babies only poo once every few days. I find the thing that works best is when I change her, I stick my finger in the leg hole and make sure the elastic gutter on the inside is pulled as wide as possible all the way round, basically so that it surrounds her bum properly (not just that the leg frills are pulled out). I do still get the odd one that leaks out (sometimes there is just so much poo that no nappy will ever contain it!) but I've been finding its been happening less often since I've been doing that. Meanwhile, I'll keep living in hope that her production rate slows down soon but I figure she's fat and healthy, so it's probably a sign that she's getting lots of good milk from me. Lots of food in = lots of waste out I guess!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to besha For This Useful Post:

Leettieb  (30-12-2015)