+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't be sorry, parenting is tough and depression is hideous, I suffer too with it.

At two my DS was in childcare as I went back to work part time, swimming and mothers group - that was it. He was stuck with me for a long time! Now at 9 and with his sister it is non stop activities, it will happen eventually but 2 is still pretty little and honestly my DS never had the attention span for much of those programs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Luanajo  (29-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter started at 2.5 as her older brother and sister does it. Normally they have to be three so she had to be specially accepted. She is a very smart child though, had been doing it for over six months. She was able to follow all directions and keeps up, if not ahead of the 3-4yo in her class.

If you think he is ready and can handle it, go for it! We have never regretted letting her start early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    Don't be sorry, parenting is tough and depression is hideous, I suffer too with it.

At two my DS was in childcare as I went back to work part time, swimming and mothers group - that was it. He was stuck with me for a long time! Now at 9 and with his sister it is non stop activities, it will happen eventually but 2 is still pretty little and honestly my DS never had the attention span for much of those programs.
    thank You, it really can bbe a ***** (depression) i just hope for DS sake im doung an okay job
    I reallyvwant to go into part time work but im a 21 year old with next to no exp in any th ing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel bad about what your provide for your son. The idea that parents need to keep kids busy all the time is a very modern one. Playing with toys by himself while you have a rest of the couch is great for his imagination, motor skills, all that stuff. I do think 2 is a bit young for classes, but kindergym is a great place to go if you want another fun activity, as well as the playgroup you do. When they are 4/5 they seem very good at absorbing direction and learning new skills in a class setting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Don't feel bad about what your provide for your son. The idea that parents need to keep kids busy all the time is a very modern one. Playing with toys by himself while you have a rest of the couch is great for his imagination, motor skills, all that stuff. I do think 2 is a bit young for classes, but kindergym is a great place to go if you want another fun activity, as well as the playgroup you do. When they are 4/5 they seem very good at absorbing direction and learning new skills in a class setting.
    Thank yoy, i spoke to DP and i think were going to look at swimming classes and ill take him to the indoor play ground once a fornight ($10 a time) to gwt him and myself out of the house
    Thank youfor makinf me feel like im not completely useless aswell haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm waiting until DS is 3yo to start him in Tae Kwon Do. He's 2.5 now and just doesn't have the attention span yet. It's such a great idea for when your DS is that bit older though

I second previous recommendations for kindergym! I was taking DS to that at the local PCYC, it was only $6 a class and he loved it.

But please don't be too hard on yourself. Some days I feel like I don't do enough with DS, but really it's healthy for them to have self-directed play time. They need to have time on their own to explore what interests them without having us directing them. I try to just get involved every 30 mins or so for a few minutes, then leave him to it.

It sounds like you're doing a great job hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know about Tae Kwon Do, but we're thinking of getting DD into Little Kickers (soccer) next year. They can start that from 18 months old.

http://www.littlekickers.com.au/