+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Both my boys are intact and at 4 and nearly 8 they still have what's called partial adhesion of the foreskin. They've had the occasional red tip and GP has said it's pretty normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default At what age?

Does he have a bath? Apparently if they bath every night it keeps it pretty clean and less prone to infections. My boy is 4.5 and sometimes gets a reddish tip but he's never complained so I haven't worried about it.

Edit, by clean I mean as in its more effective than a shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Does he have a bath? Apparently if they bath every night it keeps it pretty clean and less prone to infections. My boy is 4.5 and sometimes gets a reddish tip but he's never complained so I haven't worried about it.

Edit, by clean I mean as in its more effective than a shower.
    Yeah he baths every night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That doctor sounds like they don't know much aout foreskin retraction...it cn happen any time up until puberty. I dont think you need to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The infection is called balanitis. It's usually caused by needing to ensure underneath the foreskin is cleaned thoroughly. My ds had it a couple of times, so did my nephew. It will retract when ready. Just get the cream, all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so glad to read this thread and all the replies. My son is 4.5 and intact and we have had issues with ballooning when peeing and some redness at the tip.
    We have seen two gps and a paed and I've straight out told them we wouldn't circ unless it was a last resort.
    The paed gave us a steroid cream to loosen the foreskin which works while using it, but goes back to normal when we stop.
    We have a referral to see a urinologist paed too.
    One thing we've noticed is that he complains of pain after a bubble bath, like the soap irritates it?
    Thanks again ladies! So glad to hear it's normal to have not retracted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS1 foreskin didn't retract until he was 8 or 9...still doesn't completely - he's never had any issues. My DS2 has been retracted since age 3 (probably because he spends so much time playing with it haha!). Neither is abnormal. .everyone develops at different rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My D's is 5.5 and about a month ago he discovered his retracts

Ballooning is normal, my sons both get a bit red on the tip sometimes and from what I've seen retraction shouldn't be considered an issue unless it is causing issues with toileting or ongoing pain until a man is becoming sexually active

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh for God's sake! This sort of thing needs the attention of a doctor, preferably a Paediatric Surgeon, and NOT anonymous members of Bub Hub. Or the bloody internet!
    SAgirl, you routinely post questions about your son's health (coughing, etc). But in this case, if you disagree with the opinion of two GPs, then ask for an urgent referral to a Paediatric Surgeon.
    This has nothing to do with "routine circumcision"! If your son's foreskin is red and/or swollen, don't you think perhaps he may have some pathology which needs attention?
    (I won't say I'm a doctor, because you know that well and truly by now. In the past I have tried to give you helpful advice, but you seemingly do not care. But I sincerely hope you do the right thing by your son.).

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (19-12-2015),FirstTimeMummy2012  (21-12-2015),Lauzy  (19-12-2015),MissXamA  (19-12-2015),NancyBlackett  (18-12-2015),Purple Poppy  (18-12-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2016 - Member you'd most like to meet
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Hang on, there are medical/pregnancy/wellbeing related threads on here all the time. That doesn't mean posters are not going to seek professional medical help as well as asking a question on a forum. I'm sure @SAgirl wouldn't use the experiences of others on a forum as a substitute for genuine medical advice.

When I am with my friends who have kids I'll often ask them questions, particularly about health and wellbeing, and attempt to gain a range of knowledge and experience to help me with questions I might ask a doctor, things I might look out for, etc. I value that, and for many of us we value that aspect of Bubhub in the absence of IRL opportunities.

Sometimes it's a way to seek reassurance after hours, or gain confidence in our instinct that something's not right. Some of us have many, many experiences of doctors not listening to our concerns, or dismissing us, and we want to gain some confidence that an issue isn't all in our head.

Others, like yourself, @J37, but also many many professionals on here may have some subject specific knowledge that can be a helpful starting point when we don't know where to start.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Californication  (18-12-2015),Elijahs Mum  (18-12-2015),ElizaDoLittle  (21-12-2015),gingermillie  (18-12-2015),Happy Camper  (19-12-2015),HeavenBlue  (19-12-2015),hunnybunny  (18-12-2015),kim85  (18-12-2015),misskittyfantastico  (18-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (18-12-2015),SAgirl  (21-12-2015)