+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone checked their credit score on this website? Is it legit?

Has anyone ever checked their credit score on www.getcreditscore.com.au ?

Its free - unlike Veda.

I'm just curious to see what my credit score is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep dh and I both have. It showed up on our credit file (which we didn't realise it would), but more annoyingly we now get bombarded with emails from them. You can get your Veda file free- it just takes longer to arrive (10-14 days). The one you pay for you get almost immediately. We have had to do it a few times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Shewarrior - It says on the website that it does not hinder your credit score by checking it, so its interesting to know that it still shows up on your credit file.

Our bank told us 5 years ago that we had a great credit score (when we applied for our personal loan). But within the past 18 months I have made several phone inquiries with our bank regarding a credit card, interest rates etc etc (I did not fill out application forms...just a simple enquire)..... and we also were pre approved for a new home loan (in both cases we did not proceed with either one). If I knew making these sorts of enquiries could hinder your credit score, I wouldn't have made these calls aarrgghh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by emma26 View Post
    Thank you Shewarrior - It says on the website that it does not hinder your credit score by checking it, so its interesting to know that it still shows up on your credit file.

Our bank told us 5 years ago that we had a great credit score (when we applied for our personal loan). But within the past 18 months I have made several phone inquiries with our bank regarding a credit card, interest rates etc etc (I did not fill out application forms...just a simple enquire)..... and we also were pre approved for a new home loan (in both cases we did not proceed with either one). If I knew making these sorts of enquiries could hinder your credit score, I wouldn't have made these calls aarrgghh
    Checking your score doesn't hinder it as such, its along the same lines as requesting your Veda file so doesn't impact your rating, does that make sense? Like every time you (or any company) looks at your credit history it shows up. The more inquiries have been made, it obviously makes banks/loan places question why.

It doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad score now, but they may question why you have made so many credit inquiries, be it credit card, home loan etc. As long as you are open and up front with then about it all, they are usually OK (from what our mortgage broker told us).

I doubt what you have described would have a significant on your score or history though. You may just have to explain it if/when you apply for a loan (eg home loan).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

emma26  (18-12-2015)