+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC approaches

Hi all
    What is your approach when TTC?
    We have been trying for 3 months now. I was going mad buying pregnancy tests, ovulation tests, you name it! My doctor told me to have a more relaxed approach and not use any of these things. She said to wait until I am a few days late and do a direct blood test.

I had a sluggish thyroid which I found out when I had a pre pregnancy blood test, it has since been fixed and my periods are always on time now. I was given a clean bill of health last month.

I just feel so anxious and I am stuck. It's hard not to think about testing!!! My sister in laws tell me that as soon as they weren't tracking everything or over thinking about it - bam they fell pregnant.

We DTD every second day. I lay on an angle for 30mins so the little guys can swim easier. That's about all I do.

I've been taking elevit, iron, vitamin d since we started TTC.

Which approach should I stick to? To test or not to test? What are your experiences? Should I be doing other things that can help?

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Do whatever you're comfortable most with. The relaxed approach just doesn't work for some! If you like feeling in control, try temping - taking your basel body temperature. It helps pinpoint o.

It can take a while to concieve even when both people are healthy. It took us 8 months (5 temping) to concieve ds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

charasym  (17-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I temp every morning, I started using OPKs this month, I just got cheap ones off eBay to see how they go. I also try to avoid testing before AF is due but I also got cheap eBay tests for if I want to test early, that way it doesn't cost a fortune each month.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happyfrog For This Useful Post:

charasym  (22-12-2015)