Closed Thread
Page 35 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    AFM I've an apt with LB on 8 Feb to discuss a referral for the HyCoSy. There's no way I'll be cycling again til Easter-ish at this rate.

Perhaps this enforced break is part of the universe's bigger plan to get you to give your mind and body a little rest and recover from everything you have been through love? I really think this opportunity to get everything in order is going to give you the best chance of success

I also understand how bl@@dy hard it is to be sitting around and 'doing nothing.' I am now approximately 2 months past D&C and still have a month or so before I begin my next cycle. In a way I am grateful to have the chance to recover from my loss, but hugs to you hon because I know how frustrating that wait can beSo very worth it if you get to hold a bub in your arms at the end of it though.

Blossom

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),Tahli  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omfg @Bongley if that's not a BFP then I'll be a monkey's uncle !!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Precious40  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Wow this thread moves fast!!!
    @Bongley that second line is looking darker Come on Incy! COME ON!!! I have everything crossed for you that your line just keeps on getting darker from here - how exciting!

@faithandhopellove what a huge stress to have to go through at the moment, I hope they can give you some answers ASAP so that you know exactly what you are dealing with. I know we all face the same risks at this age, it's a hard one.

Good luck @Sue77 I'll be stalking for an update as well!

Thanks for your support guys - I had a bit more of a talk with DH last night, trying to get to the bottom of things. Part of it seems to be not necessarily the money so much, but just that I haven't given him a firm plan. So he feels totally up in the air and has no idea what is going on, so it seems like he's not committed. But really, what he wants is for me to come to him and say "I've chosen this donor, we're doing it this way, this is the date, I need a cheque for X" and then he'd be fine. So I'm thinking that I'm communicating with him and including him in it and looking at the options (my friend, traveling donors in Brisbane, or OS) and he just sees it as having no plan yet.

So we're getting there, but we'll still be heading to counseling in the new year as he has no idea how to support me in this and it isn't good.
    It's a good start Luv😊

He's a businessman & still thinking with his businessman's cap on. He needs to take it off & put his DH's cap on instead regarding you & this matter

Am confident you in combination with the counselling will teach him how to do that so he can meet your needs in the way you want & need him to😊 xo

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),Tahli  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @winsor & @Blossom74 I think the business plan approach is going to be the best one - the baby is going to be his no matter what, so maybe he isn't as invested in all the ups and downs that I am going through to get there?... So I think I will just keep forging ahead and figuring it out and then when I do have a firm plan, then present it to him, rather than having him involved in the decision making process.

Thank you for your heart felt message too @Blossom74 - having been there four times myself, and each and every scan was on my own to hear those words "I'm sorry we don't have a heartbeat" is just so incredibly soul destroying. My DH really didn't (and still doesn't) know how to cope with this level of grief. I think that is the same for a lot of guys, especially those with children, there is no way they can identify with a woman who has such a primal yearning to have a child, and to have those weeks of possibility, of dreaming and creating a future, to have it ripped away. So even though we're moving through things OK, I think counseling is going to help him understand what I need moving forward. Hugs hon, this whole thing is do difficult

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015),winsor  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas that is a good way of describing it, he has got his business hat on with this and he is just looking at $$, not from us creating a family together. So I'll keep plodding along getting all the DE stuff together and also do the counseling and see how we go.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thank you for your heart felt message too @Blossom74 - having been there four times myself, and each and every scan was on my own to hear those words "I'm sorry we don't have a heartbeat" is just so incredibly soul destroying. My DH really didn't (and still doesn't) know how to cope with this level of grief. I think that is the same for a lot of guys, especially those with children, there is no way they can identify with a woman who has such a primal yearning to have a child, and to have those weeks of possibility, of dreaming and creating a future, to have it ripped away. So even though we're moving through things OK, I think counseling is going to help him understand what I need moving forward. Hugs hon, this whole thing is do difficult

Thanks love. It's still quite raw for me and I do get swept away with the grief from time to time. It is a hard road....

Blossom

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Summer  (21-12-2015),winsor  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Summer If you're doing up the CT costs I think it was @JulieMalooley who did a good break down of her CT costs. Instead of trawling through the CT threads she might be able to forward them on to you. That'd be part of your financial plan done for DH!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),MamaKes  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Summer If you're doing up the CT costs I think it was @JulieMalooley who did a good break down of her CT costs. Instead of trawling through the CT threads she might be able to forward them on to you. That'd be part of your financial plan done for DH!
    Oooh if you send them on could you also swing a copy my way too please JulieMalooley! Sounds like we're in the same boat Summer x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    Nice line @Bongley. Definitely looks like it's getting darker!

I have just been for the harmony blood test. I rang this morning and they said they could do it today. The OB was actually keen for amnio as it is 100% accurate but I just can't get past the risk. Particularly as a friend of mine lost her bub after amnio. In all honesty I don't think I could terminate. If one is ok I would be worried 'selective reduction' would result in losing both. I don't even want to think about the possibility both have Downs. Please God no. Shudder.

Not sure how long the results will take to come back over Christmas. Could be a long wait. At least I have Christmas to distract me wish I could have me a bottle of vino though.
    Great you got in straight away. I got mine back in 5 working days, so hopefully that will mean you get your results before the new year. Lucky they don't have to send it overseas anymore. And being 99% accurate for downs, I think it's a great alternative to the amnio. Praying it's good news all round for you lovely x

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petal40 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2015),Blossom74  (21-12-2015),Caesardust  (21-12-2015),faithandhopellove  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys sorry ive been awol. Bongley awesome bfp line.
    Tahli even though its a pain to wait its prob the best decision. Having fun family time in nz. Xxx

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post: