Closed Thread
Page 28 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Mine was a Day 3 transfer with 3 embryo's on my final Cycle. Day 4's the Cycle before

I don't think it works like that with Wazza/QFG. Obviously I don't know for sure but my original FS is also with QFG and I did DET with him from my first Cycle at his suggestion and I was 37 when I started.
    It absolutely works like that with Wazza now unfortunately. QFG have cracked down on multiple embryo transfer rates.

Wazza also really heavily leans to D5 transfers now too.

I suspect it's all policy driven, rather than his preference, but I can assure you that if he's getting close to his quota, he'll be asking another FS to do the transfer. That's what he's told us, with much more colourful language of course!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was a Day 3 transfer with 3 embryo's on my final Cycle. Day 4's the Cycle before

I don't think it works like that with Wazza/QFG. Obviously I don't know for sure but my original FS is also with QFG and I did DET with him from my first Cycle at his suggestion and I was 37 when I started.

Also I can't do the maths with the age - 37 in May 2012 and now 42?

Am I reading your signature wrong, because I have to say - I'd assumed you were 39 in 2012 based on your signature and had thought "awesome! A Wazza miracle age 40! There's hope for us yet!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I want to say I'm in no way critical of Wazza. Just the system which I think might put money ahead of take home babies.

Which is fine, I guess. Medicine is a big business. I'm just used to working in an area with a little more evidence and progress over the last 30 years!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to princessrory For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (20-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by princessrory View Post
    It absolutely works like that with Wazza now unfortunately. QFG have cracked down on multiple embryo transfer rates.

Wazza also really heavily leans to D5 transfers now too.

I suspect it's all policy driven, rather than his preference, but I can assure you that if he's getting close to his quota, he'll be asking another FS to do the transfer. That's what he's told us, with much more colourful language of course!
    Actually he was in favour of Day 5 transfers when I Cycled with him also but was happy to do what I wanted/needed to do.

Yes QFG have cracked down now but going on G's earlier post..they still must be allowing TET's by the sounds of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Also I can't do the maths with the age - 37 in May 2012 and now 42?

Am I reading your signature wrong, because I have to say - I'd assumed you were 39 in 2012 based on your signature and had thought "awesome! A Wazza miracle age 40! There's hope for us yet!".
    No...I was 40.3 months when I got my BFFP in Dec 2013. I was only months away from turning 38 when I started Cycling.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 20-12-2015 at 22:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No...I was 39 in 2013 & 40.3yrs when I got my BFFP. So 38 in 2012. Your maths could do with a bit of work it seems.

I'm sorry I interpreted your words as meaning you were 37 when you had your DET with QFG in 2012.

My maths is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm sorry I interpreted your words as meaning you were 37 when you had your DET with QFG in 2012.

My maths is fine.
    I was 37 almost 38...no..it's obviously not fine if I had my first transfer in June & didn't turn 38 until Sept.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually he was in favour of Day 5 transfers when I Cycled with him also but was happy to do what I wanted/needed to do.

Yes QFG have cracked down now but going on G's earlier post..they still must be allowing TET's by the sounds of it.
    And I'm super surprised to hear that, which is great news for Wazza's patients. However, for the interests of any casual reader, I think it's important to note that this isn't widely done or accepted practice.

I also think discussing it here may have repercussions for Wazza. He does have colleagues who thoroughly (and in my opinion, incorrectly) disagree with what he does.

I think Wazza is one of the best at what he does.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 37 almost 38...no..it's obviously not fine if I had my first transfer in June & didn't turn 38 until Sept.

You turned 38 in September 2012, 39 in 2013 - although you said you were 40.3 for you BFFP, 40 in 2014, 41 in 2015. Yet your signature says you're 42.

Humour me, because I'm just not understanding the numbers you're giving me. I assure you I can do pretty complex maths, but I'm not making this work. I assume that it's just a glitch in communication.

And I'm not having a go at you, so settle down with the insults please.

I don't actually care how old you are, I've always wondered how accurate people's signatures were or whether it was autocalculated or something. I simply thought that you had been an older Wazza success than what you're saying you were.
    Last edited by princessrory; 20-12-2015 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    No..my mistake..it was @Chiefsgirl saying another FS in Sydney will do a TET depending on the circumstances.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-12-2015)