+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    My daughter is very much the same so I feel your pain.
    Is your girl eating? Or gone up in the % range again?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked
    669
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi OP, I recently came across my son's growth chart. As you can see he was tiny (9.5kg at 2.5yo) and a long way below the 3% line. He was a poor eater, had loads of tests and was super active...There was absolutely nothing wrong with him. He was just small and had a super fast metabolism. Just after age 4 he started actually gaining weight and by 6 he was an average sized boy, who eats well. I am just posting as sometimes there is no medical reason for "failure to thrive". As long as your daughter remains on the same growth curve, and is happy and active you are doing a great job! Just keep offering her food, she'll get there!
    Attached Images

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (04-02-2016),Nafsika  (04-02-2016)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    Hi OP, I recently came across my son's growth chart. As you can see he was tiny (9.5kg at 2.5yo) and a long way below the 3% line. He was a poor eater, had loads of tests and was super active...There was absolutely nothing wrong with him. He was just small and had a super fast metabolism. Just after age 4 he started actually gaining weight and by 6 he was an average sized boy, who eats well. I am just posting as sometimes there is no medical reason for "failure to thrive". As long as your daughter remains on the same growth curve, and is happy and active you are doing a great job! Just keep offering her food, she'll get there!
    Thank you for sharing that. I can't say she has a fast metabolism as she doesn't eat much, however she is an extremely happy child and active.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,495
    Thanks
    7,458
    Thanked
    6,201
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Is your girl eating? Or gone up in the % range again?
    She only eats particular foods. She hasn't gone up much in her percentiles. Weight was born 91, dropped to 6th at 3 months, went up to 25th and is now on the 15th. I've been told to expect her to stay around 10-20.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    She only eats particular foods. She hasn't gone up much in her percentiles. Weight was born 91, dropped to 6th at 3 months, went up to 25th and is now on the 15th. I've been told to expect her to stay around 10-20.
    ok, here we battle to get food into her. It's. It's very frustrating....

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,495
    Thanks
    7,458
    Thanked
    6,201
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yea food is a battle here too. She does have a small list of things she eats though.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Yea food is a battle here too. She does have a small list of things she eats though.
    Least she eats it. Here she has stopped. I have no idea why.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,495
    Thanks
    7,458
    Thanked
    6,201
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    How much weight has she lost?

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    347
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    How much weight has she lost?
    I have not checked in the last few days, I think I'm too scared too.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had this problem when my DS was young he has outgrown it now. Just don't do what I did and send your self nuts with daily or weekly weighing. Check every 2 weeks instead that way you'll be able to see how much is being lost or gained. If you weigh daily it'll always be different because it fluctuates.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

    Nafsika  (05-02-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Failure to Thrive & CMPI
    By MINIRoo in forum Mixed Breast & Bottle Feeding Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 29-09-2015, 16:44
  2. Weaning 2yr old with asd and failure to thrive help me get some sleep.
    By Sookie Stackedhouse in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 08:33
  3. Long term effects of failing to thrive
    By Mamasupial in forum Colic Reflux Wind
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 17:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
ProSwimProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›