It will be interesting to look back on this in 12 months time, and see if 2016 lived up to expectations.
What are you hoping to achieve, or to have happen, in yours and your family's lives over the course of 2016.
Nothing spectacular for me:-
* Get through my probationary period at work, and have the opportunity to move from casual to permanent part-time.
* Move to our new place and get everything unpacked and organised.
* Support DH as he starts a Bachelor of Languages at Uni, and help him succeed in his endeavours.
* Support DD, as she'll likely need to go into childcare once or twice a week next year, with me working and DD studying.
* Hopefully, at least start toilet training DD; and possibly move her to a big kid's bed.
* Improve my woeful organisational skills.
* Lose 10kg, by improving my eating and exercise habits, and hopefully creating a life-long change.
Like I said, nothing particularly interesting for me; but what about you? What do you want 2016 to bring?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 12
13-12-2015 19:39 #1
2016 - Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, etc.
13-12-2015 20:22 #2
I hope to:
Conceive and possibly have #2.
Continue the good savings we are building
Get/do more paid work
Complete the first phase of my degree and hopefully get a solid start on the second
Decide whether I want ds to start 3 year old kinder in 2017
Build on my relationship with dh - we have some stuff that needs working out.
Declutter once and for all!!
13-12-2015 20:23 #3
I want to be a better mother. That's my main priority.
I want to be more organised and structured in my day to day life.
I need to find an exercise that I enjoy so I can become even just a tiny bit fitter than what I am now.
I'd like to be made permanent part time at work instead of casual.
I need to set a budget and stick it to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:
13-12-2015 20:29 #4
I only have one..... same as the last 3 years, to be blessed with a successful pregnancy and healthy baby.
13-12-2015 21:00 #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
To find a job with the company I'm volunteering for
To be pain free
To lose at least 20 kgs
To have a better marriage
To see my grandchild more than I do now ( it's been 6 weeks so far)
To be happier
To have more interests outside home
To start and finish my 3rd diploma
13-12-2015 21:18 #6
Get at least 2 more subjects done at Uni. Get a job so we can have a few more options financially. Figure out our property strategy for the next 5 years (we keep changing our minds but I want to make a decision before DD starts school in 2017).
13-12-2015 21:22 #7
Ooh this is much more fun to think about than the crappiness that was 2015
1. Go back to uni full time (being part time is useless!)
2. Lose the 10ish kg I gained while pregnant. Which will be much easier I'm working full time since I won't be home with access to the fridge all day!
3. For DH to write and submit his PhD thesis and hopefully be a lot happier.
4. Go on a holiday to Tasmania. I lived there for 5 years (left 3 years ago) and miss it so much.
5. Have two research papers published. I've been putting off writing them since I got pregnant :-/
6. For DS to learn to talk so I can finally know what is going on his head and connect more with him, he is such a mystery at the moment!
7. Continue to have enough income for rent, food, childcare, electricity and internet. …That's all we need, right?
13-12-2015 21:31 #8
I think 2016 will be a big year. I hope to:
1. Spend more time with DP. He's been away most of 2015 and I miss him terribly.
2. Be a great mum to my wonderful DD.
3. Start back at work part time and be a good employee while still spending plenty of quality time with DP and DD.
4. Sell our house and buy another one where we want to live.
5. Support DP's study ambitions
6. Spend less $ and save more.
13-12-2015 21:39 #9
Find a way to control my anxiety
Figure out my life
Nothing too serious 😂
13-12-2015 21:51 #10
Get the stupid brain tumour out of dd
Help Get my sister settled in my town
For ds1 to love his new school and do well. For him to get a school based traineeship
For dd2 to go back to her art classes
For all the kids to do well as they can at school
For dd 2 teeth and face stuff to be sorted
To get power on to the house. Maybe a splash of paint on the wall. Flooring would be good too.
Mainly just healthy kids and hubby.
Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 13-12-2015 at 22:08.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:
Einsteinz MusicFun & interactive music classes! Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????Parents of Children with Special Needs
High Natural Killer Cells #9Reproductive Immunology
feeling annoyed/angry towards othersPostnatal & General Women's Health Chat
Business idea in the making your thoughts.Setting up & succeeding
Got caught up with a toxic female co workerFamily & Friends
Cyclone Debbie Support thread.General Chat
Donor eggs... too hard to find?Egg Donation