+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cervical Polyps

I had my morph scan today and all looked good! That was unexpected for me with my history.

However, they did find a 2cm polyp on my cervix. Has anyone else had this please? I'm worried it's going to affect the pregnancy or turn out to be cancerous. Do they treat these in pregnancy? It's emerged since my scan a month ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I had one. I did bleed alot thru my pregnancy and my ob thought this may have contributed to that. My ob removed mine at about 17 weeks....was nothing sinister. Pregnancy continued and bubs was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 2 in the pregnancy where i lost my son - totally unrelated. I had them removed but have since been told by an ivf doc and a gp it's best to leave them as they cause no issues other then some bleeding and will come out when you give birth. I also had an irtitated cervix from them but i needed to use pessaries so i wouldnt have known otherwise. Oh and mine were abnormal but not cancerous and 2cm and 2.5cm ugly little things they are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    So pleased your scan went well @Sally1981

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bestie has one @Sally1981 and she's currently about 36 weeks pregnant. It caused some spotting early on but all good now. I will let you know what happens during the birth!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one when pregnant with DD last year. Had no idea until i started spotting on and off at 12 weeks. I think the polyp was around 4cm. To be on the safe side my ob got me to do fortnightly internal scans between 14 - 24 weeks (to monitor its growth and to ensure cervix wasnt dilated) but thankfully all was well for the rest of my pregnancy. Ob was going to take it out after i had DD but it had disappeared!?! (I had a csection) He thinks the polyp got reabsorbed somehow.

I'm currently pregnant again 31 weeks and so far no sign of any cervical polyp

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am experiencing a larger sized polyp at the moment. Started bleeding at 5wks and been on and off almost weekly. No fun at all. And very worrying.

Also bleeding with clots.
    I'm 20wks now and hopefully everything will go on smoothly. They wouldn't remove it, wouldn't wanna disturb the cervix and trigger labour as baby's too young to survive outside. All we do now is sit and pray. Hope things go well with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and also.. my midwives and ob said to come in anytime I feel the bleeding increased or any changes. They will do scans on the spot. I went in for scans almost every week in the beginning but into the second trimester I'm beginning to relax a little and started noticing the patern and frequency of bleeding. They said some do get reabsorbed, some continued til the end of pregnancy and they'll definitely remove it during delivery. I was told to expect more bleeding n clotting til the end. How fun.