What's your quick go to dinner on nights you really can't be bothered cooking?
I was planning to make chicken parmigiana with veg tonight but I have barely been home and non stop on my feet all day. Way too tired to cook now but don't want to call out for pizza. At 32 weeks pregnant, lazy dinners are becoming more frequent 😳
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 16
08-12-2015 18:46 #1
Quick go to dinner for lazy nights
08-12-2015 18:53 #2
Steak / sausages / chicken tenders and salad / steamed veges.
If I'm feeling even less like cooking then I grab a BBQ roast chicken from Coles / Woolies.
08-12-2015 18:53 #3
Nachos. With Doritos salsa and cheese!
These are mega lazy and easy ones!
08-12-2015 19:24 #4
Toasted sandwich, egg on toast, baked beans, mini pizzas. Lazy dinners also have to mean minimal dishes cos if I'm too tired to cook I'm definitely too tired to clean up after!
The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:
08-12-2015 19:28 #5
Chicken wraps Mexican style just cook the chicken in taco seasoning serve with wraps lettuce cheese etc
Lebanese bread pizzas keep leb bread in freezer and pepperoni
Team with Tom paste cheese canned pineapple etc
08-12-2015 19:32 #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
My go to lazy dinners are eggs in any capacity, eggs on toast, or leftover veggie frittata
Pasta is great too - I usually have frozen batches of pasta sauce in the freezer so just have to reheat the sauce and cook the pasta. Pasta with olive oil and parmesan cheese is delish too.
08-12-2015 19:33 #7
I try to keep things like the below in the pantry & freezer so all you need to do is chuck something in the oven, microwave and stove top and you're done!
- Steam fresh veg
- Steam fresh rice
- Frozen crumbed fish
- Chicken kiev
- Packets of pasta (mac cheese)
If that fails, then eggs on toast is always quick and easy 😊
08-12-2015 19:33 #8
One of those Maggi stir fry packets with chicken, frozen veg and Singapore noodles. Takes 10 minutes to cook.
DH would eat it every night if I let him. Lol
08-12-2015 19:35 #9
Lazy meals for me are:
1. eggs on toast
2. toasted sandwiches
3. "pizza" - slice of bread, tomato paste, herbs, any appropriate toppings on hand eg ham, capsicum, onion, olives etc, grated cheese
4. super lazy - grated cheese on pasta
5. breakfast cereal / porridge
What I class as a normal meal with effort but others may think are lazy:
1. Grilled meat and salad
2. Quick chicken tacos - ie slice a chicken breast thinly, saute with garlic, add cumin and turmeric, kidney beans, bit of water and simmer while prepping salad, heating taco shells. Serve.
3. Pan fried fish and homemade oven cooked chips and salad
08-12-2015 19:38 #10
Quick go to dinner for lazy nights
- Jamie Oliver lemon & pepper chicken fillets with Ainsley Harriot couscous & microwaved frozen veg
- store bought meat pie with mash & veg
- Latina fresh pasta & sauce with fried chorizo
- ready made frozen pizza (there's a chicken & sundried tomato gourmet pizza from woollies that I like better than the McCain ones)
- frozen crumbed fish fillets & chips in the air fryer
By A-Squared in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & ChatReplies: 254Last Post: 10-03-2016, 20:26
By Mama Mirabelle in forum Recipes & Lunchbox IdeasReplies: 7Last Post: 26-10-2015, 14:03
By Cue in forum General ChatReplies: 31Last Post: 23-02-2015, 19:08
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Undecided whether to try for no 2?General Chat
Homework - is it necessary?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Positive HPT but bleedingConception & Fertility General Chat
Advice Wanted. Struggling with life as a new Mum to 9 month oldGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat