Dh and I have 2 babies already, both required firtility assistance because I don't ovulate. When we had baby number 2, I felt like I was done. I even shuddered at the thought of having anymore. I hated the thought of it. But since he has started sleeping better, I'm getting clunky as hell and my husband has always wanted 3. I'm so confused. I'd love another baby but am I being silly? Everyone of our family believe we shouldn't have any more because I wasn't coping at all with baby number 2 when we brought him home. I suffered major pnd for months.
I guess I'm scared because we have no support. But there are plenty of others that do it without support? We both have family that says "we will be there when you need us" but when you call anon them, there's noone there.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
07-12-2015 16:28 #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
anxiously confused. to try again or not?
07-12-2015 20:04 #2
Noone can make this decision for you- not even your family.
However, wait a year, if possible- mum always got clucky when we reached certain ages but for some it passes.
As for PND- having it once, does not mean you will have it again.
07-12-2015 20:35 #3Senior Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2015
I can't answer the question. Inly you and your DH can.
My only suggestion is that if your family is flaky then don't consider them part of your support network.
Get a good psych and GP - support early can help do wonders.
Do you have any reliable friends? If so, use them!
I know PND is scary and that having it once means it can happen again. But if you change who you rely on it might help your family and stop the disappointment.
Also, having more babies is no concern to anyone except you and your DH so ignore them.
08-12-2015 08:27 #4Junior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2015
Yawn* morning! Coffee anyone? I know I need a strong one with a decision to make.
I wasn't very clear in my first message, I should explain that even though I didn't want anymore kids after baby number 2, I was so keen for more before I gave birth. Iv been clucky for a few months now. It's all come to a crunch because my gp asked me if we were done with kids and if we're not, we need to consider our options soon as I'm not getting any younger and I have pcos (it took 2 years to fall with both kiddies).
I guess iv already made my mind up.... I just re read everything.
Thanks everyone for your input.
By bubbabailey in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 14Last Post: 02-03-2015, 09:02
By muma of 3 in forum Should we have another baby?Replies: 1Last Post: 28-02-2015, 16:03
By poida84 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 15Last Post: 28-12-2014, 18:39
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting EducationProviding private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their ...
LATEST5 ideas for the perfect baby shower giftSurrogacy and why many parents break the lawHow to get your kids to bring home empty lunch boxes
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Would you help your kids with?General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Childcare sign in/out regulation - who can sign in?Childcare Options
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Bullying recoveryWorking Hubbers - Employed
Do you like being pregnant?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
Two week waitPregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
I am... #20General Chat
New mattress- onebed?General Sleeping & Settling Chat