+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    17,766
    Thanks
    5,100
    Thanked
    8,704
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I have a teenager and let me tell you, I've been having the exact same conversation with him since he was 5 ...
    "How was school?"
    - Boring/good/it was OK.
    "What did you do?"
    -Nothing.
    "Nothing??"
    - I don't know, mum, I can't remember.
    I have this with my nearly 8 year old and it sh!ts me to tears! I can't remember? How can you not remember?! My DD tells me everything to the point where my ears bleed but it gives me hope that you and your boy have the can't remember thing.You and LLH are my awesome mums of big boys heroes.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (03-12-2015)

  3. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,020
    Thanks
    594
    Thanked
    1,162
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I have this with my nearly 8 year old and it sh!ts me to tears! I can't remember? How can you not remember?! My DD tells me everything to the point where my ears bleed but it gives me hope that you and your boy have the can't remember thing.You and LLH are my awesome mums of big boys heroes.
    Hehe I get this too, my 9yo can't remember a thing until it's dinner time and then he can't shut up so dinner takes forever. Cue round two at bedtime when the rest of the day's stories come out in an attempt to delay bed.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

    misskittyfantastico  (05-12-2015)

  5. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,707
    Thanks
    1,203
    Thanked
    3,219
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you have a chat to the staff op?

  6. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    14
    Reviews
    0
    Is there any reason he needs to be there? Do you work?

  7. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't chatted to the staff lately but have in the past. They tell me he 'has had a good day' and tell me what he's done etc, but they were also the ones who told me I should be worried about ASD...

    That's why I'm concerned. I've seen the early childhood health nurse x 2, 2 doctors and out psych who all say he doesn't have anything near ASD, but it keeps coming up

    Last weekend when he was in the hospital for blood tests for diabetes, there was a girl his age who basically wouldn't shut up! He was more interested in all the toys than talking to her, so the doctor (who I've never met before) asked me if he has 'always spoken like that'? So I said yes why, and he seemed concerned with his speech (we happen to have speech therapy booked in for next year even though we don't think it's necessary, but then he went on to say he was concerned as DS didn't pay much attention to the little girl!!

    Then I ask myself, do *i* have something wrong with ME because I didn't talk to the girls mother??

  8. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,433
    Thanked
    1,377
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeSchoolMumOf4 View Post
    Is there any reason he needs to be there? Do you work?
    He starts school in 2017 so I want to keep him in daycare to prep him for that. I never used to work but actually went back last week, I am temping at the moment but hoping to find 3 days per week as of next year.

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Brisbane North
    Posts
    4,459
    Thanks
    1,581
    Thanked
    1,803
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I haven't chatted to the staff lately but have in the past. They tell me he 'has had a good day' and tell me what he's done etc, but they were also the ones who told me I should be worried about ASD...

    That's why I'm concerned. I've seen the early childhood health nurse x 2, 2 doctors and out psych who all say he doesn't have anything near ASD, but it keeps coming up

    Last weekend when he was in the hospital for blood tests for diabetes, there was a girl his age who basically wouldn't shut up! He was more interested in all the toys than talking to her, so the doctor (who I've never met before) asked me if he has 'always spoken like that'? So I said yes why, and he seemed concerned with his speech (we happen to have speech therapy booked in for next year even though we don't think it's necessary, but then he went on to say he was concerned as DS didn't pay much attention to the little girl!!

    Then I ask myself, do *i* have something wrong with ME because I didn't talk to the girls mother??
    I think most kids that age would be more interested in toys.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

    SAgirl  (06-12-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Daycare food
    By SpecialK in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 19:13
  2. Family daycare
    By heartstringz in forum Queensland
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 20:29
  3. New daycare, I'm not that happy...
    By SAgirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 23-01-2015, 21:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Einsteinz MusicFun & interactive music classes! Classes are taught by professional musicians! Children are taught the fundamentals of ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Seeking advice on more kidsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Horrible Baby Names #2Choosing Baby Names
High Natural Killer Cells #9Reproductive Immunology
HGC lelvels stressed please helpConception & Fertility General Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›