+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Before School Care - help

Hi all,

I posted this on the working mothers board over a week ago, but have not had a response, so posting on a busier forum, sorry

Can anyone make a recommendation please on how I might find a nanny/babysitter for my daughter on an ad-hoc basis - but is before school care?

I tried a few agencies but it seems like a challenge for them to fill such a position (before school care, less than 3 hours, ad hoc).

I have to travel overseas for work occasionally, and I need my daughter to get to school on those days (my husband starts work too early to be able to do it). My daughter is 11 and the school is a 20 minute drive away.

So it would just be a week here, and a week there, and only for a couple of hours at at time.

What do others do? I see http://www.babysittersnow.com.au/ might be an option to start looking - has anyone else used that site?

Also, how do you claim CCB/CCR when it's not through an agency of any time? Or can't I?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    (Note that I can't rely on friends or family to handle this type of care).

Narelle

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I hope you don't mind dot points- just trying to organise my thoughts and make it easy for you

- ccb/ ccr - unless the carer works for a registered scheme you won't be able to claim. And before school care could be very tricky to get someone in a scheme to help with.

- I had tried that website a few years ago when I had major trouble getting cc for my twins. I found that because it was "babysitting" they all asked for high rates- $30-$40 per hour. I gave up but you might have better luck.

- I would start putting the word out with families already at school. Do any parents of her friends not currently work and are sahp? That could be an option. As a sahm I would welcome a little bit of extra income just for looking after an extra child for a few hours in the mornings now and then.