+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Yessss!!!
    I have a vintage dresser in our bedroom that is all organised. Skincare on one side, makeup in the middle, hair products on the other side, and electrical, nail and other random things in the drawers. I love sitting there getting ready every morning.
    That sounds amazing!
    I’ve spent the last few days sorting my office, going through DS’s room, cleaning my room and ensuite. I want to feel organised before he goes to his dad’s so I don’t spend the next two weeks cleaning.
    I would love a proper dresser with good lighting and a place for everything!
    Up until now I’ve been putting things away in drawers etc but after a week my vanity looks like I’ve been the victim of a burglary, stuff everywhere. I’m hoping this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Has anyone used eco tan? Or have a good self tan recommendation that won't look ridiculous on a fairly pale red head? I'm going to a wedding next weekend and I have a dress that is off the shoulders, but my chest and back are sooo white while I have a bit of a tan on my neck and face. When I say tan, I mean less white I've not really done self tan before, but I'd love to even out my skin a little for the wedding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FayBelle View Post
    Has anyone used eco tan? Or have a good self tan recommendation that won't look ridiculous on a fairly pale red head? I'm going to a wedding next weekend and I have a dress that is off the shoulders, but my chest and back are sooo white while I have a bit of a tan on my neck and face. When I say tan, I mean less white I've not really done self tan before, but I'd love to even out my skin a little for the wedding!
    I find Eco Tan goes quite intense and orange on my translucent skin.

I currently use the Moo Goo tanning moisturiser and would recommend it. Gives a bit of colour but doesn’t look weird.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beary For This Useful Post:

FayBelle (06-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beary View Post
    I find Eco Tan goes quite intense and orange on my translucent skin.

I currently use the Moo Goo tanning moisturiser and would recommend it. Gives a bit of colour but doesn’t look weird.
    Oh great, thanks I'll check it out! I was getting sucked in by ecotans Facebook ads but was worried about it being orange on me so thanks for heads up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hair woes...

My beautiful niece has been chatting to me on skype and she told me that she has really thin hair. It's causing her great embarrassment and my sister is not listening. Is there anything I can send her that will help? What about supplements? She's 13.

As for me, my hair is so dry and almost straw like. I don't use heat on it nor dye it so I have no idea what the deal is. What can I use to make it soft and full of life again?

Thanks. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTwiggley View Post
    Hair woes...

My beautiful niece has been chatting to me on skype and she told me that she has really thin hair. It's causing her great embarrassment and my sister is not listening. Is there anything I can send her that will help? What about supplements? She's 13.

As for me, my hair is so dry and almost straw like. I don't use heat on it nor dye it so I have no idea what the deal is. What can I use to make it soft and full of life again?

Thanks. xx
    No advice for your niece, but as for you;
    - Get a good treatment to use every few washes
    - Good quality shampoo and conditioner
    - Cool water in the shower
    - A hair oil through the ends (I live Moroccan Oil and Kerastase)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (06-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    No advice for your niece, but as for you;
    - Get a good treatment to use every few washes
    - Good quality shampoo and conditioner
    - Cool water in the shower
    - A hair oil through the ends (I live Moroccan Oil and Kerastase)
    Thank you lovely! Are there any particular brands you would recommend for a treatment and shampoo/conditioner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' let's chat here...

Thank you lovely! Are there any particular brands you would recommend for a treatment and shampoo/conditioner?
    i’d heard amazing things about nioxin, and finally, after years of making excuses that it’s too expensive or probably another overpriced and overhyped product that doesn’t really work, i took the plunge and bought a pack. i’m impressed. my hair feels
    thicker and healthier already. apparently it treats the scalp to stimulate new hair growth, as opposed to the hair itself (or maybe it does both, but the lady who sold it to me said it focuses on the scalp). i got the shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment. the product has 6 different offerings, depending on whether your hair is coloured or not, and whether it’s light or heavy thinning. light thinning is when there’s more hair than scalp, heavy thinning is when you can see more scalp than hair. i’m on number 3, which is for light thinning (not that i’m losing hair, that’s just the product description ) and hair which is coloured. i do find the conditioner not quite strong enough as my hair is still quite tangly after washing, so maybe number 5 would’ve been better for me, but i’m really blown away by it. it makes your scalp feel red and tingly (i’m told it promoted blood flow to the area), hair feels very clean.

i got it from hairhouse warehouse and it was $85 for the three items in the bundle. not cheap but i’m willing to give it a go as i’ve nothing to lose really. my hair was constantly feeling thin and wispy, not sure if i was getting lots of breakage from coloring or what, but it was just feeling thinner than usual. i would urge her to try nioxin as it really does seem to work.

eta: assuming her hair is not coloured at all, here’s the one which would be suited to her hair type (i am assuming light thinning would be appropriate and working on the basis her hair is thin, as opposed to scalp being visible)

https://www.hairhouse.com.au/Nioxin-System-1-Duo-Pack
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 06-02-2021 at 21:58.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (07-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I mix it up between NAK, CPR and Loreal Professional.

I'd probably start with CPR. They do sets with shampoo, conditioner and a treatment that you use in place of conditioner every few washes. Any of them are great, so just choose the one that best correlates with your hair (blonde, frizzy etc.)

Also, I recently switched to a Wet Brush and it makes my hair feel soft and it's shinier. I never thought I would be so impressed by a simple hair brush

ETA another thing, get a clarifying shampoo (I like the NAK one), and use that followed by the treatment to kickstart your new regime. When my hair is feeling dull, I know I'm due for a clarifying wash.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 06-02-2021 at 22:28.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

MissTwiggley (07-02-2021)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got an email that Becca is shutting down from September 2021.
    I haven’t used many of their products and some have been a big fail for me. But their original shimmering skin perfector was amazing.