+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' let's chat here...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    Anyone use ‘The Ordinary’ products?

Since I am firmly cemented in the dirty 30’s, coupled with the effects of kids has resulted in a certain aged appearance. Late last year I started using Sukin cleanser and moisturiser having previously used nothing! A friend recommended The Ordinary...

Thoughts??
    I’ve got the ordinary matrixyl HA I put on am and pm, retinoid 2% I use in the pm and the alpha lipoic acid I use twice weekly- this routine for about 4? Months.
    To be honest I haven’t noticed any change to my current fine lines and I’m now prone to breakouts on my chin -I typically don’t get pimples- so now I avoid the area. However that’s not to say it’s preventing further ageing. And I don’t have dry skin any more.

I’m undecided whether to repurchase as I like the idea I’m doing something iykwim? And it doesn’t break the bank- a bottle goes a long way. It just seems all a bit over complicated though.

I actually really like the Alphah liquid gold- when I used it the next day I get zero breakouts and my skin perfect- it’s neither dry or oily. I’m going to get some more when it’s on special.

Rosehip oil is great for moisturising at our age too (I’m mid 30s)
    Eta: you know you’re getting older when your beauty routine uses droppers and medicine like bottles
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 18-01-2019 at 10:14.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HappyDaysAllRound (18-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I’ve got the ordinary matrixyl HA I put on am and pm, retinoid 2% I use in the pm and the alpha lipoic acid I use twice weekly- this routine for about 4? Months.
    To be honest I haven’t noticed any change to my current fine lines and I’m now prone to breakouts on my chin -I typically don’t get pimples- so now I avoid the area. However that’s not to say it’s preventing further ageing. And I don’t have dry skin any more.

I’m undecided whether to repurchase as I like the idea I’m doing something iykwim? And it doesn’t break the bank- a bottle goes a long way. It just seems all a bit over complicated though.

I actually really like the Alphah liquid gold- when I used it the next day I get zero breakouts and my skin perfect- it’s neither dry or oily. I’m going to get some more when it’s on special.

Rosehip oil is great for moisturising at our age too (I’m mid 30s)
    Eta: you know you’re getting older when your beauty routine uses droppers and medicine like bottles
    This is the regime recommended by my friend...

Morning -
    Cleanse (hylamide oil cleanser)
    Toner (Glycolic acid toner ‘The ordinary)
    Peptide serum (‘The Ordinary’ buffet)
    Cream (‘The ordinary’ moisturising factors)
    Sunscreen (Hamilton face 50+)

Night -
    Toner (‘ The ordinary’ glycolic acid toner)
    Acid but only once a week (The Ordinary lactic acid 10%)
    Retinol but only once a week and not on the same night as the Acid (The Ordinary Granactive Retinol)
    Rose hip oil (The Ordinary rose hip oil)

Not ideal that you haven’t seen improvements after 4months and it’s giving you breakouts. I am already prone to acne which I obsviously don’t want to exacerbate. I’m also concerned I won’t follow the steps (given my current simple cleanse and moisturise schedule is hit and miss already), making it pointless. The bottles and droppers make me suspect my bathroom will look like a pop up meth lab 😏

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyDaysAllRound For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (18-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaysAllRound View Post
    This is the regime recommended by my friend...

Morning -
    Toner (Glycolic acid toner ‘The ordinary)
    Cream (‘The ordinary’ moisturising factors)
    Sunscreen (Hamilton face 50+)

Night -
    Toner (‘ The ordinary’ glycolic acid toner)
    Acid but only once a week (The Ordinary lactic acid 10%)
    Retinol but only once a week and not on the same night as the Acid (The Ordinary Granactive Retinol)
    Rose hip oil (The Ordinary rose hip oil)

Not ideal that you haven’t seen improvements after 4months and it’s giving you breakouts. I am already prone to acne which I obsviously don’t want to exacerbate. I’m also concerned I won’t follow the steps (given my current simple cleanse and moisturise schedule is hit and miss already), making it pointless. The bottles and droppers make me suspect my bathroom will look like a pop up meth lab
    I was initially ok with the breakouts as apparently that’s to be expected when switching products but it just never settled down.
    And yes, trying to keep on top of what night to use what can be a total pita especially when you just CBF with anything and skip a night lol

It does seem like a bit much with all the serums, and if it’s not working- like oily skin-the problem is you just don’t know what product is causing it or what to switch.

I do cleanse and moisturise too, but not with the ordinary products (I prefer cheap effective brands like aveeno I or a’kin rosehip oil). I don’t bother to use a toner, never have.

I think I’ll stick to cleansing, a basic serum like liquid gold, rosehip oil, mosturiser, and sunscreen. And a weekly acid.

Actually I think it mostly really comes down to genetics- I work in aged care and I always ask those in their 80s and 90s that have fantastic skin what they did and usually they used nothing or a basic sorbelene cream

By all means give it a go if you want, it does make me feel better that I’m at least attempting to make mysel f look better!IMG_0839.jpg
    Ps my meth lab

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HappyDaysAllRound (21-01-2019),Mod-Uniquey (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews

I’ve never tried Elizabeth Arden make up but I picked up their 2018 Christmas blockbuster as it was on special reduced from $110 to $65 on Saturday.
    I won’t get much use from the eye shadows as I only wear it in a blue moon and only brown/nude shades.

But I figure for the lippies, gloss, mascara and blushes it sounds like amazing value- even though I have soooo much lipstick now. It should arrive tomorrow.

Has anyone used Elizabeth Arden products?

IMG_9317.jpg

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I use The Ordinary.
    I love their primer and I religiously use the niacimide (I can’t spell it) am and pm and have hardly any break outs now. BUT I did start using it roughly the same time I went off the pill.
    I also use Buffet and Hyalauronic Acid (can’t spell the either)
    And the Lactic acid once every few weeks.
    Then I moisturise with Sukin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

HappyDaysAllRound (21-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    So true, and beauty routines sound like you need a science degree! Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine (21-01-2019)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven’t bought anything, but I’ve booked in for a 2 hour make up course! I’m actually that excited for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Those who use Napoleon might be interested in this news article:

https://finance.nine.com.au/2019/01/...-business-news

I predict he'll end up having just a makeup line in department stores/chemists etc, no more stores. I reckon giants like Sephora and Mecca opening up around the country would have hit them hard. There's a lot of competition in terms of higher-end makeup brands these days - so much to choose from.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Mod-LIKE A BOSS (31-01-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for some recommendations...

So, it seems like my skin is starting to think some of my brushes are too scratchy. I had to take my whole face off on the weekend as it felt burn-y (not products as they were fine using finger/sponge). My dense brushes are fine - just my ''fluffy' eye/face brushes. My Wayne Goss airbrush was fine too. But I will need more than that. And blending brush or two for eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate admitting it but for affordable brushes I don’t mind real techniques. I just can’t really stand the pixiwoo girls!
    Also sigma brushes have been good for me.