+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abybaby View Post
    Hey everyone, I am about to have a few months off work and I'm looking forward to not having to do the full face. I'll be doing a bit of travelling as well so I need recommendations for a fantastic BB cream or tinted moisturiser. I currently use Napoleon products mostly and I have used that BB cream in the past but don't love it.
    I love IT Cosmetics CC cream. Coverage is awesome. Extra SPF is always handy too. Lasts forever as I don't need much as well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

abybaby (26-09-2019),Mod-Uniquey (26-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I tested IT cosmetics CC cream at Sephora and it was awesome, handy that it has the SPF as well.

For a cheapie I don’t mind the Maybelline BB and CC cream with SPF as it is light and doesn’t feel greasy like some can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

abybaby (27-09-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. I don't wear a lot of make up, (I'm asian and in need of a lot of training how to do it properly for my features and skin type) but i want to start wearing lipstick as I always look pale in photos. The problem is no lip balm or lipstick works with my lips. Whateved i put on it dries it out in minutes then it gets very sore and breaks open sometimes it bleeds. Ive tried organic tinted ones, moisturizing ones by maybelline, revlon and avon, but they just don't work for me. I put on pawpaw ointment during winter but that's it. What lipsticks are good on sensitive lips? I know I should probably start on pricier ones but i want brands that have been tried before spending money. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 'Make-Up Aficionados' let's chat here...

Quote Originally Posted by joyjen View Post
    Hello ladies. I don't wear a lot of make up, (I'm asian and in need of a lot of training how to do it properly for my features and skin type) but i want to start wearing lipstick as I always look pale in photos. The problem is no lip balm or lipstick works with my lips. Whateved i put on it dries it out in minutes then it gets very sore and breaks open sometimes it bleeds. Ive tried organic tinted ones, moisturizing ones by maybelline, revlon and avon, but they just don't work for me. I put on pawpaw ointment during winter but that's it. What lipsticks are good on sensitive lips? I know I should probably start on pricier ones but i want brands that have been tried before spending money. Thanks
    I love revlon colorstay ultimate suede lipsticks - they last all day and don’t dry my lips at all. I have 5 different colours, with “socialite” being my daily go-to lippie

ETA I’ve tried other revlon lipsticks with no success, and even use these under more expensive brands (stila and Chanel)
    Last edited by Waggers70; 27-09-2019 at 13:35.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

joyjen (27-09-2019)

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not make up, but wondering if anyone can recommend a shampoo they love? I’m over my hair.
    I would say it’s on the dry, fly away side, but does get oily roots quite quickly. I’ve managed to stretch my washing to every second day, which is a big deal for me! Will try work up to every third.
    Happy to spend a little bit of $$ but not a ridiculous amount unless I’m going to look like a Grecian god.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hakuna matata View Post
    Not make up, but wondering if anyone can recommend a shampoo they love? I’m over my hair.
    I would say it’s on the dry, fly away side, but does get oily roots quite quickly. I’ve managed to stretch my washing to every second day, which is a big deal for me! Will try work up to every third.
    Happy to spend a little bit of $$ but not a ridiculous amount unless I’m going to look like a Grecian god.

i’ve found a great shampoo that’s amazing for my fine but bleached (so tending to dry) hair. it’s moisturizing and leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped of the good stuff or dry and frazzled. it’s this elvive shampoo

https://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/produ...o-for-dry-hair

coles sells it for $8, i try and get it when it’s on sale for $4 though it’s probably just the ideal fit for me so not saying it’ll definitely be the same for you, but even my hairdresser agrees my hair is at its healthiest. i like how my hair feels clean, but not too stripped of natural oils. it feels moisturized and shiny but not oily or weighed down. i find it’s a tough balancing act with fine hair that tends to be dry but oily roots. for less than $10, i reckon it could be worth a shot??

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/a-vic-me...ampoo-3047827p

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata (09-10-2019)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My hair was getting so oily and just gross and changing shampoos did nothing until I tried De Lorenzo it's vegan friendly and Australian made etc not sure on price as I get it from my hairdresser but you can get it online

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have recently switched to Kevin Murphy shampoo and conditioner and I love it (the Angel Wash & Angel Rinse). It is expensive, but in comparison to others I've used (I only use decent quality salon grade brands), it's in a different league.

I always thought it was a bit too exxy, but I stayed in a hotel that provided Kevin Murphy miniature toiletries and after taking them home and using them, I realised I needed them in my life

If you want to try and stretch your washing to every third, I recommend using Klorane dry shampoo to get you to that extra day.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

hakuna matata is online now The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I have recently switched to Kevin Murphy shampoo and conditioner and I love it (the Angel Wash & Angel Rinse). It is expensive, but in comparison to others I've used (I only use decent quality salon grade brands), it's in a different league.

I always thought it was a bit too exxy, but I stayed in a hotel that provided Kevin Murphy miniature toiletries and after taking them home and using them, I realised I needed them in my life

If you want to try and stretch your washing to every third, I recommend using Klorane dry shampoo to get you to that extra day.
    Oh gosh this sounds amazing from my research.
    I might reward myself with it when I can stretch to washing every third day, otherwise I’ll use it too quickly!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi (09-10-2019)