Closed Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Oct Nov 2015 #3

Thanks ladies.. I may have come across a bit wrong I think. I am not in a heap on the floor. Its my first experience in IVF, and I was being vocal in how I felt, which right now is stupid for being naive. I take my hat off to the ladies in their fight through multiple cycles. You are bloody tough. Being an ex cop, Ive seen a very dark side of life, so I am a bit hardened I guess and was just being open. Im not sure why there was reference to my son when I was mentioning my failed IVF, but yes, I was blessed to have my son falling pregnant in my late 20's naturally. We started ttc #2 when he was 18mths old, he is 8 now. I had two mc's each side of our sons birth. I had a secondary infertility blog, been active on these type of sites before, so Im not new to these feelings. I respect each individual 'journey' (I hate that phrase), and wish everyone success, irrelevant of primary or secondary infertility.

@LegallyBrown I get it. In your shoes, Id feel exactly how you expressed yourself. Just wanted to add that in. Id be a raging monster if we were still ttc #1 after starting ttc in 2006. Id be riding a broomstick to work!
    Last edited by Billie2; 15-12-2015 at 19:32.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Legally Brown  (15-12-2015),mrsthomo  (16-12-2015),Tanej78  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katt1011 View Post
    Hi ladies,

@billie i think is a awesome quote that you found. Like you and sunny I am also the same age like sunny i was born in 79. I hope you manage to find a support group. If not we are all here for you and everyone else that needs it. I just dont want to even think about if my last embryo doesnt work.....
    Me too girls, I'm in April 79

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeanie For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @stillfuntryin all the best for your scan! I can't believe it's time already, you give me hope that time can really go that quickly!

Merry Christmas @Maxwellsmum I really hope that 2016 is your year, along with the rest of the ladies here xx
    @Billie2 although I haven't been in your position, I can definitely understand your desire. Two kids has always been in my life plan (with option to consider #3) and infertility certainly wasn't. I was blessed with DD and feel so grateful for her and know that makes me a million times luckier than others but nothing can stop that desire to fulfil my life plan and give her a sibling. Hopefully this baby is it! As everyone else has said, why should we not be able to do something that others can do so easily? Especially when we put more effort and finances into it. It's really hard to take!
    I hope you can somehow find the strength so you can fulfil you dream

I really hope that all you ladies get to experience motherhood one day. You all are so deserving. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but don't understand how I've gotten away with it so much easier than others. Biggest of hugs to you all xx
    Last edited by Annerley; 15-12-2015 at 19:40.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-12-2015),Tanej78  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brown View Post
    @Billie2 Hi Billie, I definitely feel for you. It's always hard when you fail something. Failed IVF cycles are even harder than anything in the world (for me and I believe for so many people). You invested so much physically, emotionally and financially. Individuals have different tolerance to the failure. I have heard some people has gone through 20+ cycles to get a baby and some people might get lucky on the first try. I think you just failed the first cycle (?) which is the hardest in my opinion. I remembered my expectation on the first cycle when we have unexplained infertility and we (naively) thought IVF will fix that easily. I got 19 eggs on first cycle and put 2 perfect blasts (according to my clinic) on fresh cycle and got BFN. Imagine how disappointed and devastated I would be. After that, we went for FET of 1 blast from the same batch and yes BFN. I spent $10K our of pocket already and still empty handed. I didn't say you cannot feel sad since you have every right to feel that. At least, thinking positive that you have already had one child which many of us here (including me) are still struggling to conceive the first one. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say trying to conceive the second or third child through IVF is easier but I'm sure if I'm in your shoes, I will pick myself up and keep trying. (I will be very happy with one already haha). At the end of the day, you are a mother of one child and would be a bonus to have another one to complete your family. Life is unfair but I hope one day will be my turn to be blessed as a mother.........

Sorry for the long post. Today I just heard my friend (2 years younger than me) is pregnant with her 3rd child and yes unplanned. I'm happy for her but on the other side, I'm so down of myself to have to bear and keep walking on this infertility road.

I crossed everything for you and everyone in here.
    I think we place alot of hope in the IVF process and when it fails us no matter how many children we have its still hard to come to terms with! But you are totally right about already having a child, a remember how I felt when my first cycle failed! I never thought I would have children and it was so hard! But going into this cycle now after having my baby i was totally ok if it failed, i already have a child who means the absolute world to me and it definitely softens the blow, i feel so blessed to be pregnant and i can totally relate to how you are all feeling and it sucks!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillfuntryin For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-12-2015),Legally Brown  (15-12-2015),Tanej78  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear tanej78 xxx this just sucks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful37 For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (15-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just so friggin stupid. I just touched the electric fence accidentally, with my bloody belly. It can't be good for an embryo. How could I be so stupid. So so angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Billie2 Yep I ride the broomstick to work everyday for few years now.. Love your sense of humour. If you need support, I think this forum is a good place. There are plenty of women here totally understand what you're going through. Who's going to count numbers of eggs picked up, mature eggs, fertilised eggs...etc. with you? hahaha. Just stupid joke....
    @sunny79 Thank you. We are similar age and I had 3 blasts from last cycle with empty hands still....Hope this is your cycle!!!
    @stillfuntryin Thank you for understanding and congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy. You are lucky one not to have to experience long journey of IVF. I really hope I can join your train one day lol Thanks for coming back to the forum to support us.....
    @Maxwellsmum I'm so sorry to hear about your D&C. I nearly had to go through it once but my level was down to neg. at the hospital on the day. I have never been so happy to see neg blood test my whole life except that day. I wish next cycle will be yours...best of luck.
    Last edited by Legally Brown; 15-12-2015 at 23:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sunny you never know it might give your emby the jolt it needs to stick! I would like to think so anyway.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (16-12-2015),sunny79  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone... it helps knowing and having some amazing people here to share the burden a little...

Just had to make the phone call to my DH and break the news...
    This Friday is 10 years since our first date... we fell pregnant the first time we had been together 18months... never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I'd be here, with a beautiful husband working so hard so we can afford to have a child... Now not only are we apart for the holidays, we havent even got the ending we hoped.

Feeling very lost right now.... we have our loner blast in the freezer, if its abnormal then we're back to square one and need to find another $12,000 for a new cycle.. if it is normal, I'm going to be so friggin scared to put it back, and have my body destroy it before it has a chance...

2015 you suck balls... but then you are just a repeat of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 and 2007 so really I shouldn't expect any difference right?

Sorry I haven't replied to you all individually, as you can tell im a bit overwhelmed but I appreciate everyone of you xx
    @Billie2 oh that broomstick I'm sure if it wasn't for my beautiful clients I'd be riding that every day to work too... @Maxwellsmum take care of you, amazing & strong, I will pm you x

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (15-12-2015),Hopeful37  (16-12-2015),Legally Brown  (16-12-2015),MrsSMS  (16-12-2015),sunny79  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 you break my heart.. Im throwing my own baby dust at you. For what its worth Id let you in before me. And Id wave and smile.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billie2 For This Useful Post:

Legally Brown  (16-12-2015),Ruby16  (16-12-2015)