Closed Thread
Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 1074
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    Hi all, I am new to this forum but not to new to IVF. He is a bit about me. My DP did IVF in 2011 and we had a DS 9 months later. We were so lucky it was first IVF try and first egg. So next it was my turn at the end of 2014 we started my journey at a different clinic. My plan was to try IUI as i had no known fertility problems. over 2015 we had two tries at IUI with no success. This got me a bit in the dumps so we have had a break. Now we have once again changed clinics and are with fertility first this time. I am lucky that i do not have to do must of the tests again so as soon as AF shows up it will be full steam ahead with the IVF. As a rough guess my FS thinks i should have egg pick up on about the 5th of March.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mumandmummy For This Useful Post:

    Lexy123  (14-01-2016)

  3. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    1,796
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked
    2,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

    We're starting our first IVF cycle this month too. I've just picked up my scripts for the drugs today and CD1 should be this Sat or Sun.

    I'm 36, DH is 27. His SA results are "ok" but not great. I have mild PCOS (has improved greatly on Metformin over the last year), Hashimotos and a blood disorder that causes me to hang on to excess iron (which apparently affects fertility as well). Other than that, no endo, clear tubes, no idea why it's all just not happening.

    We've been TTC for 2 years naturally.

    At the moment I'm mostly rather terrified of OHSS. I'm under 50kg with mild PCOS. My FS clinic does IVM (this is where they collect you eggs at the beginning of the cycle without using stim drugs and then stim the eggs directly out of your body to grow them) we were going to go that route but my AMH level dropped down to an acceptable level and they decided I could try IVF first. I personally would have preferred IVM but apparently IVF has a slightly better success rate.

  4. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mumandmummy View Post
    Hi all, I am new to this forum but not to new to IVF. He is a bit about me. My DP did IVF in 2011 and we had a DS 9 months later. We were so lucky it was first IVF try and first egg. So next it was my turn at the end of 2014 we started my journey at a different clinic. My plan was to try IUI as i had no known fertility problems. over 2015 we had two tries at IUI with no success. This got me a bit in the dumps so we have had a break. Now we have once again changed clinics and are with fertility first this time. I am lucky that i do not have to do must of the tests again so as soon as AF shows up it will be full steam ahead with the IVF. As a rough guess my FS thinks i should have egg pick up on about the 5th of March.
    Hi mumandmummy, welcome (although I'm super new to this forum too so it feels weird to be welcoming people😀). Your situation sounds so similar to ours. My DP carried our first after a successful first IUI and since its been my turn its been much more of a reality check! After 3 IUIs I'm now half way through my first IVF cycle, EPU sometime next week. Hope all goes well for your new cycle. We were with FF first time round and they were lovely.

  5. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0

    Default Update

    Hi all, just an update went and saw my FS yesterday. He took out the mirena, which thankfully was not as bad as what I thought it would be. I am now waiting for my period to come to call the clinic and will start medication on day 3..all a waiting game for me now. Have been on contraception since June when we discovered my endo.. So no idea when my period will come.. Nervous but excited.. Not looking forward to the period pain
    Also what does AF mean

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

    Lexy123  (14-01-2016)

  7. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    1,796
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked
    2,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathk18 View Post
    Hi all, just an update went and saw my FS yesterday. He took out the mirena, which thankfully was not as bad as what I thought it would be. I am now waiting for my period to come to call the clinic and will start medication on day 3..all a waiting game for me now. Have been on contraception since June when we discovered my endo.. So no idea when my period will come.. Nervous but excited.. Not looking forward to the period pain
    Also what does AF mean
    Hi KathK, AF stands for "Aunt Flo" and means your period

  8. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Hi all

    We're starting our first IVF cycle this month too. I've just picked up my scripts for the drugs today and CD1 should be this Sat or Sun.

    I'm 36, DH is 27. His SA results are "ok" but not great. I have mild PCOS (has improved greatly on Metformin over the last year), Hashimotos and a blood disorder that causes me to hang on to excess iron (which apparently affects fertility as well). Other than that, no endo, clear tubes, no idea why it's all just not happening.

    We've been TTC for 2 years naturally.

    At the moment I'm mostly rather terrified of OHSS. I'm under 50kg with mild PCOS. My FS clinic does IVM (this is where they collect you eggs at the beginning of the cycle without using stim drugs and then stim the eggs directly out of your body to grow them) we were going to go that route but my AMH level dropped down to an acceptable level and they decided I could try IVF first. I personally would have preferred IVM but apparently IVF has a slightly better success rate.
    Hi Hilldweller I've never heard of them them stimulating the eggs out of your body, it's amazing what they can do. I over stimulated & got 28 eggs so they cancelled my cycle (break for a month) or I would have got severe Ohss have they mentioned this may happen with you (cancelled cycle) ?

  9. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    1,796
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked
    2,209
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexy123 View Post
    Hi Hilldweller I've never heard of them them stimulating the eggs out of your body, it's amazing what they can do. I over stimulated & got 28 eggs so they cancelled my cycle (break for a month) or I would have got severe Ohss have they mentioned this may happen with you (cancelled cycle) ?
    Hi Lexy123 Apparently my clinic is the only one that does the IVM in all of Australia. It's supposed to be great for people with PCOS because there's no chance of OHSS. They've mentioned to me that I might overstim and the cycle would be cancelled. If that happens we will likely try the IVM instead next time.

    Sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled this time I would imagine that would be frustrating and upsetting!

  10. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    73
    Thanked
    92
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Hi KathK, AF stands for "Aunt Flo" and means your period
    Thank you, lol I thought so but wanted to make sure. Well we'll see when she comes to visit

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathk18 For This Useful Post:

    HillDweller  (14-01-2016)

  12. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Hi Lexy123 Apparently my clinic is the only one that does the IVM in all of Australia. It's supposed to be great for people with PCOS because there's no chance of OHSS. They've mentioned to me that I might overstim and the cycle would be cancelled. If that happens we will likely try the IVM instead next time.

    Sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled this time I would imagine that would be frustrating and upsetting!
    Thank you but they had warned me prior so I wasn't shocked but little disappointed. It all worked out for the best though cause I had a good break over Xmas/new year eating n drinking what I wanted lol

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexy123 For This Useful Post:

    HillDweller  (15-01-2016)

  14. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Had our Et today find out in 12 days if it worked.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexy123 For This Useful Post:

    Barca07  (15-01-2016),HillDweller  (15-01-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. May 2016
    By exilius in forum When are you due?
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 26-10-2015, 17:07
  2. Due May 2016
    By karlischneider in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 10:35
  3. Ttc 2016
    By anatonge1203 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 20:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Sudocrem / InfacolSudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›