Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0

    Default Dollar tree test

    How accurate would you guys believe these are? I bought 3 took last night and got 2 positives & 1 this morning positive.
    I stopped my BC Oct 29, but didn't think until at least after 30 days we could get pregnant so I'm wondering.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    why don't you just go buy a FRER and get a more reliable answer if you're unsure?

    a positive is still a positive but if you're uncertain then another more reliable test should be able to confirm.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,879
    Thanks
    992
    Thanked
    3,344
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    why don't you just go buy a FRER and get a more reliable answer if you're unsure?

    a positive is still a positive but if you're uncertain then another more reliable test should be able to confirm.
    Sorry to hijack but I has 5 false faint positives with FRER ... After doing some reading it's quite common with this brand do not very reliable.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

    BornToBe  (22-11-2015)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Sorry to hijack but I has 5 false faint positives with FRER ... After doing some reading it's quite common with this brand do not very reliable.
    well go buy a frer and another brand then!

    honestly I don't see the point of these threads.

    "I'm too stingy to shell out for a reliable pregnancy test so I've done 1684247 cheap ones, which all came up positive, but I'm still not sure. what do you guys think?"

    I mean the logic is just astounding. no, really.

    how is anyone sitting at home supposed to be able to answer such a question?

    I mean the obvious answer is, either go buy another (more reliable brand) test or go buy a couple of different brands. the only conclusive way to tell if you're still not convinced is go have a blood test done.

    sorry to be harsh but this isn't rocket science.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015)

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,943
    Thanks
    1,344
    Thanked
    1,491
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's the point in replying to a thread like this if you're just going to be so antsy about it?

    OP I've never used the brand Dollar Tree, I thought they were from the US, is that right? Either way a cheap test is definitely more likely to have false positives, that is faint lines that turn out to be neg. If you stopped your birth control 3 weeks ago it is possible to have an early positive result by now. Best of luck for the result you are after

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,479
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    well go buy a frer and another brand then!

    honestly I don't see the point of these threads.

    "I'm too stingy to shell out for a reliable pregnancy test so I've done 1684247 cheap ones, which all came up positive, but I'm still not sure. what do you guys think?"

    I mean the logic is just astounding. no, really.

    how is anyone sitting at home supposed to be able to answer such a question?

    I mean the obvious answer is, either go buy another (more reliable brand) test or go buy a couple of different brands. the only conclusive way to tell if you're still not convinced is go have a blood test done.

    sorry to be harsh but this isn't rocket science.
    This is not helping anyone, once again you make people feel lousy for asking a simple question.
    Why do people start these threads? Because they need our help. Perhaps instead of ranting, a polite "frer tests have always been accurate for me". That's all you need to say!

    Op, there are many reasons that the result may be inaccurate. Clear blue digital are a great brand! Good luck.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you to those with a positive answer. I've been pregnant 4 times total (2 kids) so I'm aware of a brand I should take. We got these just joking around. We recently just started trying so to getting a positive, 3 total, was kinda funny to us. I know nobody is going to be able to tell me how accurate something is. I just wanted to know if anyone's had any success stories just out of curiosity. Later that day we went to get another test. Taken in the middle of the day, we got another BFP! 🎉🙌🏻
    Thank you guys!

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to praying for 3 For This Useful Post:

    BornToBe  (22-11-2015),~Marigold~  (22-11-2015)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,497
    Thanks
    7,458
    Thanked
    6,209
    Reviews
    11
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations!

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,912
    Thanks
    4,794
    Thanked
    4,237
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    This is not helping anyone, once again you make people feel lousy for asking a simple question.
    Why do people start these threads? Because they need our help. Perhaps instead of ranting, a polite "frer tests have always been accurate for me". That's all you need to say!

    Op, there are many reasons that the result may be inaccurate. Clear blue digital are a great brand! Good luck.
    yeah but the help that's being asked for can't be sought over the Internet. nobody knows whether the particular test is accurate/faulty, the reliability of the dollar tree brand (I assume it's a US brand?) or whether the result is a false positive or in fact a BFP. hence, the thread is pointless.

    fwiw I used a couple of Internet cheapies when I got my BFP but was certain they were just winding me up (lol) so went and got a clear blue digital, which confirmed my BFP. after that I was convinced but the gp still did the blood test, which confirmed it.

    there could be a million reasons as to whether the test is reliable or whether it's not. I just don't believe asking strangers on an Internet forum is particularly conducive to obtaining a clear answer to the question.

    not sure what you mean about "making people feel lousy again".

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2015)

  14. #10
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Double post
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-11-2015 at 16:06.


 

Similar Threads

  1. What is this species of palm tree?
    By heartstringz in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-10-2015, 11:59
  2. Fig Tree Pocket
    By NickyH in forum Brisbane
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27-02-2015, 10:55
  3. When do you put your Xmas tree away?
    By TeBe in forum General Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 31-12-2014, 16:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Largest bassinets on market?Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›