+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Misoprostol? How was your experience...

So I have finally got my hands on some misoprostol, a very hard script to get filled!

I've got a blighted ovum and am now past 10w and still no natural miscarriage has happened so my ob suggested misoprostol instead of a d and c.

Just wondering what peoples experience is with it or any tips on coping with it. I have read varying experiences from worst then labour to not that bad. I'm taking the tablets tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey. I had a MMC and the early pregnancy unit gave me misoprostol, I ended up needing to have a D&C anyway. Misoprostol did nothing for me. Hope it works a bit better for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used it for a mmc and it worked for me. I had a pretty bad experience with it in terms of pain and being sick. Bad cramping, throwing up and a lot of large clots. The baby passed 3 days after taking it. Ive heard others that have only had some cramping when taking it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used it for 2 occasions, both for mmc's. First time we found out at 12.5wks our bub no longer had a hb and I was prescribed it to help prepare my body for a d&c the next day. It worked 'too' well as I passed our bub just before leaving for the hospital. It was agony, such bad cramps. I think it was made worse by the fact I wasn't expecting it

2nd time around I had an awful time. I was 10.5wks, again scan showed no more hb. I was initially prescribed the miso orally (!!) Which did nothing but cause me to vomit something terrible. A couple of weeks later I transferred hospitals, they prescribed a further dose vaginally which worked within hours. Didn't pass absolutely everything though and still needed a d&c 5wks afterwards for retained lining.
    I was prepared though for the 2nd 1 and was given panadeine forte which made the pain more bearable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I used it for 2 occasions, both for mmc's. First time we found out at 12.5wks our bub no longer had a hb and I was prescribed it to help prepare my body for a d&c the next day. It worked 'too' well as I passed our bub just before leaving for the hospital. It was agony, such bad cramps. I think it was made worse by the fact I wasn't expecting it

2nd time around I had an awful time. I was 10.5wks, again scan showed no more hb. I was initially prescribed the miso orally (!!) Which did nothing but cause me to vomit something terrible. A couple of weeks later I transferred hospitals, they prescribed a further dose vaginally which worked within hours. Didn't pass absolutely everything though and still needed a d&c 5wks afterwards for retained lining.
    I was prepared though for the 2nd 1 and was given panadeine forte which made the pain more bearable
    Sorry for you to have had to go through two miscarriages 😞

I'm taking it orally so hopefully it doesn't make me to sick. Thanks so much for the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbub4us View Post
    I used it for a mmc and it worked for me. I had a pretty bad experience with it in terms of pain and being sick. Bad cramping, throwing up and a lot of large clots. The baby passed 3 days after taking it. Ive heard others that have only had some cramping when taking it
    3 days? How awful for you. I thought it all will happen within hours of taking it. I guess tomorrow we will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babymummatobe View Post
    Hey. I had a MMC and the early pregnancy unit gave me misoprostol, I ended up needing to have a D&C anyway. Misoprostol did nothing for me. Hope it works a bit better for you.
    Thanks I hope it works. They gave me a different tablet yesterday to help things along and I have started spotting already so when I do take the misoprostol fingers crossed it works

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took Misoprotstol for RPOC after D&C. Did nothing except some light cramps, and I ended up passing the (small) RPOC with AF a few weeks later.
    Hope you have a swift resolution

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's been 7 hours since I took the last 2 tablets and nothing. A little cramping and not anymore bleeding than a period. Maybe it's not going to work 😞

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It worked for me but it can take a few hours to work they told me around 4-48 hours before anything will really happen i can say ive had a fair bit of trouble with bleeding after them i bled for 4 months with 3 very very heavy bleeds and have not bled or ovulated since which is hugely stressful as we are ttc again. I personally would have preferred a d & c