+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0

    Default DH is driving me nuts

    Is there a for dummies video or other video resource for partners on how to not get themselves killed while their wife is pregnant? Even better, how to be a better partner and not a d1ckhead while mummy is gestating? If I wasn't so bloody angry at him, I'd be worried for his safety 😡

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickenandegg For This Useful Post:

    DT75  (16-11-2015),gingermillie  (16-11-2015)

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked
    378
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenandegg View Post
    Is there a for dummies video or other video resource for partners on how to not get themselves killed while their wife is pregnant? Even better, how to be a better partner and not a d1ckhead while mummy is gestating? If I wasn't so bloody angry at him, I'd be worried for his safety 😡
    Hahaha I wish! And I'm sure my DP would've loved something like that too.


    Seriously though hope you're okay X

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

    chickenandegg  (16-11-2015)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Hahaha I wish! And I'm sure my DP would've loved something like that too.


    Seriously though hope you're okay X
    Hehehe I'm doing ok. I do think I need a tshirt with "HEY, I'M PREGNANT" to wear around the house to remind DH lol

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,334
    Thanks
    5,677
    Thanked
    4,561
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I reckon I was about 30 weeks when my DH realized I was actually growing a human. Keep reminding him. Loudly and often. He'll get it eventually. In the meantime vent away!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

    chickenandegg  (16-11-2015)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,749
    Thanks
    3,833
    Thanked
    3,657
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lol yes. My DH actually said to me the other day 'I know you're pregnant and all, but I am tired too' (in reference to cleaning kitchen after I had just done all the cooking etc).
    Ahem. You don't get to be tired while I am pregnant DH. Your tiredness is a drop in the ocean compared to what I feel every single night. And yet you still complain that I am not up for getting jiggy-with-it when you finally crawl into bed at 10:30pm?!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

    chickenandegg  (16-11-2015)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,398
    Thanks
    1,029
    Thanked
    3,506
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Lol yes. My DH actually said to me the other day 'I know you're pregnant and all, but I am tired too' (in reference to cleaning kitchen after I had just done all the cooking etc).
    Ahem. You don't get to be tired while I am pregnant DH. Your tiredness is a drop in the ocean compared to what I feel every single night. And yet you still complain that I am not up for getting jiggy-with-it when you finally crawl into bed at 10:30pm?!
    My DH is generally good to my face. I do hear him grumble under his breath but I figure he is entitled to it lol.

    He has told me to take it easy more often lately. He does see how tired I am with this pregnancy and a toddler.

    BUT still - they don't get it. Never will I guess unless they go through it. Just keep telling them. Shove books articles toward them to read about what pregnancy does etc.

    And vent on here!

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Lol yes. My DH actually said to me the other day 'I know you're pregnant and all, but I am tired too' (in reference to cleaning kitchen after I had just done all the cooking etc).
    Ahem. You don't get to be tired while I am pregnant DH. Your tiredness is a drop in the ocean compared to what I feel every single night. And yet you still complain that I am not up for getting jiggy-with-it when you finally crawl into bed at 10:30pm?!
    Sounds like he has a death wish 😂

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenandegg For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (16-11-2015)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    2,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes I feel alone in this pregnancy. My DP is a good man and all but I feel like i am not allowed to be tired or upset about stupid **** because I also suffer from depression so he feels like life is no different from what it was before. I went off anti depressants at his request as this is his first baby, so I feel like I have to deal with my feelings all by myself. I feel like i can't talk to him about how i feel about stuff because he will say, oh yeah the same old sh!t.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked
    34
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Sometimes I feel alone in this pregnancy. My DP is a good man and all but I feel like i am not allowed to be tired or upset about stupid **** because I also suffer from depression so he feels like life is no different from what it was before. I went off anti depressants at his request as this is his first baby, so I feel like I have to deal with my feelings all by myself. I feel like i can't talk to him about how i feel about stuff because he will say, oh yeah the same old sh!t.
    Oh no, that's rotten!!! So it's ok for him to ask you to stop taking meds but he doesn't really understand how that affects you?
    I'm sending you huge hugs; do you have other support?

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    2,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenandegg View Post
    Oh no, that's rotten!!! So it's ok for him to ask you to stop taking meds but he doesn't really understand how that affects you?
    I'm sending you huge hugs; do you have other support?
    I see a psychologist but my mother doesn't understand depression. I once told her when I was younger that she was as approachable as a landmine.
    I feel better for being off the anti depressants but i find it extremely hard when my partner doesn't understand me. He tells me to get over sh!t. We aren't really talking at the moment. I am 24 weeks pregnant with his first child (i have two from a previous marriage). I am sick of talking to him because he doesn't really try to understand me. Just puts everything down to me being difficult and picking fights.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Driving school/driving instructor for overcoming phobia
    By heartstringz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-04-2015, 15:45
  2. Keeping it a secret is driving me nuts!
    By dannni9387 in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 23:07
  3. Bil is driving me nuts! What can I do?
    By heartstringz in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-12-2014, 07:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›