Closed Thread
Page 77 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry @Charlie74. I hope that it was just a random dud cycle and fingers crossed for your two embryos. It's been quite hard for me to close the door and move on as I am just 36 but I have been doing IVF since I was 32 and I can't keep going until my early 40's as I am already emotionally exhausted and want to have my life back. We will be moving on to adoption/permanent care after our FET. No point for us in doing IVF if we can't make embryos anymore. I'm feeling pretty excited about this new path for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry @Charlie74. I hope that it was just a random dud cycle and fingers crossed for your two embryos. It's been quite hard for me to close the door and move on as I am just 36 but I have been doing IVF since I was 32 and I can't keep going until my early 40's as I am already emotionally exhausted and want to have my life back. We will be moving on to adoption/permanent care after our FET. No point for us in doing IVF if we can't make embryos anymore. I'm feeling pretty excited about this new path for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Is anyone having difficulty gaining access to Lynn? I'm meant to have a follow up 2 weeks post blood test (after a FET) and the earliest appointment I could get is 4 weeks post because she's solidly booked

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Monash too. Service has been terrible - important paper work is constantly misplaced, can never get through to a nurse or accounts on the phone, conflicting/incorrect advice re protocol. Having to constantly double check/second guess and follow up on everything really adds to the stress of it all. Feeling so drained right now
    Last edited by seasalt; 21-04-2017 at 07:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt I sympathise with your frustrations as I too felt like this when I was Lynn's patient for approx 2 years. I put up with it as i thought I was getting Lynn's expertise, even though I had a much more professional experience overall at a different clinic (I was able to email the fs directly and he would respond so quickly! And the reception lady was the best). They have a cancellation list maybe you can go on that? Although seems weird that she's fully booked and they can't even squeeze you in when you are an existing patient and sounds like you had a failed transfer?.. even more reason for them to prioritise you. I couldn't attend one of my appointments once as there was a huge accident and the roads were jammed but they called me the next day and said I could go in that afternoon as they had a cancellation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find Monash a bit crazy too. They lost our consent paperwork and then my husband went away and I couldn't get him to resign and they were going to cancel my FET until they had it again. I also found the compulsory counselling a load of bollocks. Funnily, after I got called to say there was nothing to transfer so don't come in, I never heard from them again. The counselling is just to satisfy their legal obligation; if they cared you would ring everyone after bad news to see how they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our consent forms were lost too. Had to redo them in a panic the night before EPU - super stressful! They also lost finance forms. God knows where my credit card and highly personal details are floating around!

I'm on the cancelation list, but would've thought some extra effort would be made for patients who are in need of follow up appointments.

Anyway, it was good to vent - thanks for your replies 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia I just realised that we are already in May and so wondering how you are going with your donor egg plan. I have been thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for you. Did you decide on any immune treatments. I am doing LIT for my last FET later this year - more just to manage regrets than anything else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia I just realised that we are already in May and so wondering how you are going with your donor egg plan. I have been thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for you. Did you decide on any immune treatments. I am doing LIT for my last FET later this year - more just to manage regrets than anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    Hi @ShannyAnny! Thanks for thinking of me

Yes,
    I'm flying over on Sunday! DE in Athens. I'm all booked in and ready to go. I did intralipids yesterday and will request another on day of transfer and one back here - Lynne's office have been awesome.
    How are you going? I remember you wanted to look into local adoption. How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia that is so exciting!! Pleased to here that things have been managed well for you at this end. I must say that I have had so many issues and mistakes during this whole process but Lynn has been great and hasn't set a foot wrong in my opinion. Lynn is going to manage my FET but I am seeing NL in a couple of weeks so he can organise the LIT part of it for me. LIT was Dr M's suggestion but I am not feeling too optimistic about it tbh. I can't move forward with adoption/permanent care until 6 months after ceasing fertility treatment which should be up early next year. I am feeling pretty good about everything to be honest. Can't wait to get this last FET done even if it doesn't work so I can move on from IVF. I can't see NL until next month and I'm not sure how long it will take to organise the LIT. Plus I think they like you to wait 3 months afterwards to do the transfer. It looks like it will be September before we get to the FET. After this I think we can walk away knowing we gave it our best.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-05-2017)