+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a follow up appointment with her in 4 weeks. So we'll see what she says and what she thinks may have gone wrong.
    I feel like the cycle was doomed from the start as soon as i responded too quickly and had to be coasted.
    Thanks @seasalt I hope so too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MND View Post
    I have a follow up appointment with her in 4 weeks. So we'll see what she says and what she thinks may have gone wrong.
    I feel like the cycle was doomed from the start as soon as i responded too quickly and had to be coasted.
    Thanks @seasalt I hope so too.
    What an ordeal and how disappointing for you. My last 3 stim cycles the trigger hasn't worked. I met with Lynn a week ago and she said I seem to have a 'receptor issue' where my receptors don't respond to the trigger. She said this happens in only a very small subset of women. I wonder if this might also be the case for you. She did say that my case was unusual as I have responded ok to the trigger in my earlier stim cycles and usually a receptor issue is present from the start of doing IVF. I hope that you are able to get to the bottom of this and have a better result next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ShannyAnny i have done 6 previous stim cycles and never had an issue with the trigger.
    What did she suggest you do? A different protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MND View Post
    @ShannyAnny i have done 6 previous stim cycles and never had an issue with the trigger.
    What did she suggest you do? A different protocol?
    After the first disaster with my previous fs where they were expecting 10 eggs but were only able to get out 2 we switched to Lynn and she changed up my trigger from ovidrel to Pregnyl. The next time, we got 10 eggs (I think it was hard work getting them out because I was super sore) but only 1 or 2 had matured and we had nothing to transfer. So after the second disaster Lynn switched me back from down reg cycle to antagonist (similar to my first cycles) and gave me stim drugs I hadn't used before which were bemfola and pergoveris but still with Pregnyl as the trigger (this time 37 hours prior to EPU). We got 8 eggs but only 1 mature. It fertilised and we transferred on day 3 but BFN. After a number of disastrous stims and 9 failed transfers including two which were PGD tested we are preparing ourselves to move on from IVF. We have a frozen PGD embryo from a previous cycle that we will be transferring in a few months and then that will likely be it for us. I don't want to upset you because we are all different and this happened to me not just once but 3 times in a row but for me after 3 stims in a row like this Lynn thinks that perhaps all the IVF (7 stims total plus a bunch of medicated FET's) may have taken its toll on my body and it isn't responding as it should anymore. I hope this isn't the case for you and it was just a random dud cycle. All the best and big hugs xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @ShannyAnny.
    Oh no. Sounds like you have had a rough time.
    I am just blessed that I have had a successful cycle and have a gorgeous 10 month old boy.
    We are trying for #2 as I don't have any more frozen.
    We will definitely do another stim cycle just incase this was a one off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MND I agree with you and wouldn't let a one off problematic cycle put you off trying again. How wonderful that you have already had a successful cycle. This should also give you hope especially since it wasn't all to long ago. Wishing you all the best and please keep me updated. I am keen to hear what Lynn thinks about your failed trigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MND I agree with you and wouldn't let a one off problematic cycle put you off trying again. How wonderful that you have already had a successful cycle. This should also give you hope especially since it wasn't all to long ago. Wishing you all the best and please keep me updated. I am keen to hear what Lynn thinks about your failed trigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @ShannyAnny & @MND, I also had an EPU on Thursday with the worst results we've ever had. 13 eggs= 4 immature, 4 abnormal, I ruptured, 4 mature & injected (icsi).. And only 2 fertilised WORST.RESULTS.EVER....

In my two previous cycles we had 15 eggs, and 8 fertilised, 13 eggs & 7 fertilised... The only thing I can assume is that my eggs are cactus now that I'm 42????

We're gonna do one last cycle just incase this was simply a dud cycle... But am under no illusions.. Lyn can't work miracles on rubbish eggs... I'm 42 now. We're definitely looking at DE after the next cycle, but need to close the door on OE with one more cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry @Charlie74. I hope that it was just a random dud cycle and fingers crossed for your two embryos. It's been quite hard for me to close the door and move on as I am just 36 but I have been doing IVF since I was 32 and I can't keep going until my early 40's as I am already emotionally exhausted and want to have my life back. We will be moving on to adoption/permanent care after our FET. No point for us in doing IVF if we can't make embryos anymore. I'm feeling pretty excited about this new path for us

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (16-04-2017),Phia  (16-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lynn Burmeister Monash IVF-feedback wanted please #6

Last edited by ShannyAnny; 16-04-2017 at 19:12. Reason: Duplicate post