+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ShannyAnny that's great that you're exploring more options re adoption/fostering

Thanks for answering my questions. 8 transfers is a lot to endure. Can't say it enough - your resilience is VERY admirable! I am really hoping Dr M can help you

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia so sorry to hear your news Although I've only been on this journey a short while, I can definitely relate to your roller coaster comment. If only things weren't so complicated for us ladies.

I took your advice and spoke with my nurse. I'm definitely not going to be able to transfer this year. Very disappointing - wish they had told me earlier that I could have been put on the pill etc to get the timing right. Live and learn, I guess.

Thanks again for your help/advice @Phia and @ShannyAnny, this forum and all the generous and supportive people on it are a godsend!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to seasalt For This Useful Post:

Phia  (12-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ShannyAnny have you had your appt with Dr M?

I've got one in December.

FX

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia, I have mine on Friday and so will let you know what he says. I am feeling so over it all really but kind of in a good way. I think I am starting to accept that IVF isn't going to work for us. Not ready to stop just yet but certainly getting close.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia  (23-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ShannyAnny I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I know you're considering adoption- is DE off the cards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't feel sorry @Phia as I am actually feeling better than I have in a long time (weird I know). I don't feel like DE is right for us. Partly because I started IVF at 32 with beautiful blastocysts and have also transferred a couple of PGD tested embryos and so I am not convinced that a DE will work for us. I think my uterus is a big part of the problem and now over time, my eggs aren't what they used to be either. I think if we were to move on from IVF we would be looking at permanent care or local adoption. I am actually feeling pretty good about that idea but I haven't even been to the information sessions yet - just been reading loads about it all online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    Don't feel sorry @Phia as I am actually feeling better than I have in a long time (weird I know). I don't feel like DE is right for us. Partly because I started IVF at 32 with beautiful blastocysts and have also transferred a couple of PGD tested embryos and so I am not convinced that a DE will work for us. I think my uterus is a big part of the problem and now over time, my eggs aren't what they used to be either. I think if we were to move on from IVF we would be looking at permanent care or local adoption. I am actually feeling pretty good about that idea but I haven't even been to the information sessions yet - just been reading loads about it all online.
    ((((((Big hugs)))))) I'm happy that you're in a good place. I can feel the amount of heart break and disappointment given you've been on this journey for so long. I'm glad you're investigating the perm care or local adoption road because you deserve to be a mother, to love, to care and be loved in return. I wish I could explain why things haven't worked for you and it worries me if LB isn't able to get to the bottom of it. I hope she thinks outside of the box for you because it sounds like you are so close with good embies! I wonder if implantation is the problem. You're already addressing your immunity stuff, so who knows if it's a lining issue, I have no idea.....I have so much hope for you and send you every best wish that it's sorted out one way or another. Pls keep posting

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

ShannyAnny  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I got the results from pdg today - out of 6 only 2 are suitable for transfer (we are screening for a genetic disorder).

Pretty disappointed with that 😐 Seeing Lynn for a follow up on Monday but will most likely do another couple of stim cycles early next year to get more embies in the bank.

Have been following both your stories @Phia and @ShannyAnny - hopefully 2017 is our year!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to seasalt For This Useful Post:

Phia  (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 PGD is great because you have a
    Much higher success rate with those ones! Fingers crossed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

seasalt  (25-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt sorry you are feeling disappointed but I think you have a great chance of a successful pregnancy with 2 PGD embies. Yes let's hope that 2017 is the year our dreams come true xo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

seasalt  (25-11-2016)