+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on my first cycle and had EPU yesterday. We got 16 - really hoping a lot of them make it as we're having PGD so it's a bit of a numbers game

Good luck for today @Phia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @seasalt that's Fabulous! Great number! 🏻 I just came out of my EPU with 12 which is good for me as past for me have been 11 with only 1 or two to blast, so happy with that!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phia For This Useful Post:

seasalt  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia I came on to check up on you. 12 is a great starting number so congratulations on that. Fingers crossed you end up with lots more blasts than last time I find out tomorrow if my two embies made it to biopsy. They were both still going on day 3 but one was a little behind. Looking forward to hearing your fertilisation numbers tomorrow and hoping they are nice and high! Oh and my book arrived yesterday so I have lots of reading to do

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt 16 is a great number so well done! Is that how many eggs they collected or how many have fertilised? We are doing PGD and agree it is such a numbers game. Our fertilisation rate sucked balls this time around but we do have one PGD embryo already waiting for us in the freezer which will takes some of the pressure off. Good luck for the remainder of your cycle

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Phia  (29-10-2016),seasalt  (29-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Phia that's great news hope you're recovering well today!
    @ShannyAnny we had 16 retrieved and 12 have fertilised. Not sure what to make of that given it's my first cycle - just really hoping a lot of them make it to biopsy.

Good luck ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt 12 fertilised sounds pretty good to me! Of the 16 eggs retrieved they may not have all been at the optimal level of maturity and able to be injected with sperm. And then on average, around 85% of those injected with a sperm should fertilise. 12 out of 16 sounds great so far

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt - it's a great result. Not sure how old you are but essentially the younger you are, the more embryos are likely to survive (all things being equal). I'd say, you're Looking on track for some spare frosties! Very exciting! Excellent!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you @Phia and @ShannyAnny - you've both put my mind at ease!

I was freaking out because the person who rang to give me my day 1 update had such a pessimistic tone of voice - I honestly thought she was going to say none of them had fertilised. She also stressed that typically only 1 in 4 embryos make it which made me even more anxious

The 16 eggs were all "mature" but I'm not sure how they varied among each other. I was pretty out of it and in a lot of pain when the surgeon came around to give me the egg count so I wasn't able to ask any questions.

I'll be 36 in December.

Thanks again ladies - so glad I found this forum

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard to know what to expect on an IVF journey, @seasalt and it does vary between women for so many different reasons, which is why it's such a roller coaster! This forum is so helpful - so many incredibly inspiring women. Helps with my sanity for sure!

The drop off rate is very very normal, that's to be expected. I try to think of it like - it only takes 1!

You are on a fantastic start! You are a great age, you've got everything on the right track. Are u thinking of one or two transfers? Is this baby 1?

Fingers crossed for a bountiful PGD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @seasalt I'm 36 in December too just remember that everyone is different. Last cycle we only had two embryos fertilise and they both made it to blastocyst and biopsy so that is 100% (but of a very small starting number). In an earlier cycle, I remember that 4 out of 5 made it to blastocyst and freezing so that's 80%. This time around we only had 2 embryos again and I will find out today if the made it to biopsy. From what @Phia has said she usually doesn't have the best luck going from fertilisation to blastocyst so fingers crossed she is starting from a high number of embryos fertilised. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up with a load of frosties but even if say it was only 25% then 25% of 12 is still great