+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    174
    Reviews
    0

    Default 15 month old routine

    Hi I'm just wondering what your 15 month old routine looks like? My son has always been a great sleeper never had any issues. He went to one nap just after he turned 1. Which he goes down for very easily asleep within minutes.

    We have always had a 6pm bedtime but lately he has been awake rolling around and talking to himself in his cot for up to and hour before he falls asleep. I very rarely have to go up unless it is to give him back his dummy back so I'm not sure if I should just ignore it and leave it or move his bedtime.

    Our average schedule looks like this :

    Awake 6-7
    Morning tea 9:30
    Nap 10:30-11
    Awake 12:30-1
    Lunch
    Dinner 5:00
    Bed 6:00

    So he is awake on average at least 5 hours before I put him down again. If I'm being honest he doesn't really show and tired signs at 6 it just suits me better to have him in bed before DH gets home.

    So should I push his bed time back and how long are other little ones awake for before bed?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    700
    Thanks
    175
    Thanked
    192
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my little ones at that age had this approximate routine:
    Around 6-7 Wake and breakfast
    9ish morning tea
    11.30 lunch
    12-3 nap
    3.30 - afternoon tea
    6 dinner, bath, book
    7 bed

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

    moosey  (08-11-2015)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    Both my little ones at that age had this approximate routine:
    Around 6-7 Wake and breakfast
    9ish morning tea
    11.30 lunch
    12-3 nap
    3.30 - afternoon tea
    6 dinner, bath, book
    7 bed
    Ours is exactly this. I wouldn't change a thing.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    174
    Reviews
    0
    So even after 4 hours awake time they go to sleep quickly?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    Hi I'm just wondering what your 15 month old routine looks like? My son has always been a great sleeper never had any issues. He went to one nap just after he turned 1. Which he goes down for very easily asleep within minutes.

    We have always had a 6pm bedtime but lately he has been awake rolling around and talking to himself in his cot for up to and hour before he falls asleep. I very rarely have to go up unless it is to give him back his dummy back so I'm not sure if I should just ignore it and leave it or move his bedtime.

    Our average schedule looks like this :

    Awake 6-7
    Morning tea 9:30
    Nap 10:30-11
    Awake 12:30-1
    Lunch
    Dinner 5:00
    Bed 6:00

    So he is awake on average at least 5 hours before I put him down again. If I'm being honest he doesn't really show and tired signs at 6 it just suits me better to have him in bed before DH gets home.

    So should I push his bed time back and how long are other little ones awake for before bed?

    Thanks
    Does your little one sleep well at night? If so I wouldn't change anything. Perhaps the only thing that might be a problem is the long afternoon. I would maybe push the morning sleep until 11.30.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,171
    Thanks
    522
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's still light at 6pm. So early! My 15 month old goes to bed at 8pm. We tried 7pm but he just wasn't tired yet.

    Do you have a busy household? Is that why 6pm suits you better? When does your DH get to see him?

  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,480
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked
    795
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default 15 month old routine

    Quote Originally Posted by two souls View Post
    So even after 4 hours awake time they go to sleep quickly?
    Yep! I was told by a sleep consultant that 4.5 hours awake time between sleeps is ideal (for this age). If my DS wakes at 3 he does chat for a bit in bed but if he wakes at 2.30 he is straight to sleep.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    174
    Reviews
    0

    Default 15 month old routine

    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Does your little one sleep well at night? If so I wouldn't change anything. Perhaps the only thing that might be a problem is the long afternoon. I would maybe push the morning sleep until 11.30.
    He does. Id say 95% of the time he sleeps thorough with no problems. Occasionally he will wake at night and want the dummy put back in but mainly it's when his not well or teething. I've never had nights of him waking up and not being able to settle. If he does wake he can lie awake for a while and talk to himself but will eventually fall asleep on his own

    He just doesn't seem to get tired after that long stretch in the arvo

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,006
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    821
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    Both my little ones at that age had this approximate routine:
    Around 6-7 Wake and breakfast
    9ish morning tea
    11.30 lunch
    12-3 nap
    3.30 - afternoon tea
    6 dinner, bath, book
    7 bed
    This is similar to our routine. We have to work around school pick up so ds goes down around 11/11.30 up around 2 has a quick bite to eat then do school puckup. He goes to bed at 6.30/7 depending on his mood plus I like him to have a little play time with dh

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    477
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked
    174
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    It's still light at 6pm. So early! My 15 month old goes to bed at 8pm. We tried 7pm but he just wasn't tired yet.

    Do you have a busy household? Is that why 6pm suits you better? When does your DH get to see him?
    It is still a little light. We tried to block out his window a bit but didn't make a difference.

    No I only have the one child. 6 just has always been what we have always done. I give him his dinner bath and bed. Then get DHs dinner ready and we eat when he gets home at 6:30 then we can relax and enjoy the evening together.

    He works a roster so it's mainly 2 days then he is home all day with him for the next few days


 

Similar Threads

  1. 4 month old feed sleep feed routine?
    By KillerHeels in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 23:10
  2. 10 month routine
    By loulou21 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 18:08
  3. 10 month old routine
    By loulou21 in forum Babies (7 - 12 months)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 10:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›