+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All my phobias have improved as I've aged (especially in the last 15 years). I have anxiety (general anxiety disorder) and have worked hard in therapy for that and wonder if the flow on effect has been lessening of phobias?? They still exist but are so much better.

Heights

Flying

Blood

Vomiting (me, not others)

Eels

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I have emetophobia, a fear of vomit/vomiting. Been like this since I was a child, with my parents believing it was just an attention seeking thing (as my little sister used to get sick a lot).

Even if someone says they fell unwell, my heart starts to race, my breathing gets shallow and fast and my anxiety goes through the roof. I try and get as far away from them just incase. If someone is vomiting, I can't be near them. I don't want to see it or hear it. My husband knows to go to the other bathroom if he's sick.

I'm working on it now I have kids..as obviously can't really avoid vomit. But I still get the horrible anxious/panicky feeling and I still want to run away and hide..but force myself to stay. I can't relax or sit down, just pave the house and try to keep myself calm enough so that they don't realise how scared I actually am.

As for if I'm sick...I don't vomit. I haven't vomited in years, and if I do start to feel unwell it triggers all the same anxiety stuff.
    Me as well. It's a horrible phobia, I hate it. Since the day my 20mo DS was born I've been dreading his first real vomit, and it finally happened two weeks ago. I actually coped with it better than I thought I would, but I think that's because it was just the once and only bad nappies after that. I was hoping that getting the first one over with would make it slightly better, but I'm still dreading the next time too, because it will probably be worse than this one was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Heights, toads, flying/jumping insects like flying cockroaches, grasshoppers, preying mantis, huntsmans etc.....Ewwwww!!! Gives me the Heebie Jeebies!!!😐

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koarlo View Post
    Another one here for birds and chickens. We had a budgie growing up and every time my family let it out I had to stay in my room with the door closed so it wouldn't come near me. The flapping and their beaks and feet really freak me out. Pigeons are the worst for me though, I feel physically sick if I even look at one.
    Another biggy for me is a fear of drowing. As a kid I didn't go past my knees at the beach till highschool, this was hard being raised in a small coastal town with a family who loved to surf. I also screamed blue murder during swimming lessons and still to this day cannot open my eyes underwater even though I'm a strong swimmer. As soon as I open my eyes I panic, it's the weirdest thing. Being trapped under water and not being able to breath would have to be my worst nightmare, think sinking ship, plane crash or car crash into water. I could never ever go on cruise EVER!
    A bird flew INSIDE my house the other day through my back sliding door! Luckily it got itself back out quickly. Also yesterday the same thing must have happened as I discovered bird poop on the tiles just inside the door and near my dining table, although I didn't see the bird this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Heights, toads, flying/jumping insects like flying cockroaches, grasshoppers, preying mantis, huntsmans etc.....Ewwwww!!! Gives me the Heebie Jeebies!!!😐
    Why the hell are you living in Qld? Bahaha!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Spiders are mine...I can't even watch them on TV. I've jumped out of a moving car when I was a kid because there was a huntsman in the seat next to me. I can handle them until they get any bigger than a 60 cent piece.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    There was something in the news the other day saying they think phoboas are actually genetic throwbacks or something.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Why the hell are you living in Qld? Bahaha!
    It's the cross that I must bear!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymum2 View Post
    This is exactly me! Having kids has definitely helped but it still sends my anxiety through the roof!
    I was like that as a kid but its gotten better, for me it was always others being sick.