+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    Happy Mothers day my lady warriors. Continue to slay!
    Happy Mother's Day to you too hon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How is everyone going?

I am exhausted. I don't know how to balance it all. Can someone tell me what I can do.

Tues-speech then ot (back to back apps) a snack and stretch inbetween.
    Weds food therapy
    Thursday aqua then I have to do kindy for dd thurs fri and weds alternative. Does anyone do ABA? Can these therapies goto childcare? We aren't on ndis yet. I'm feeling lost I'm tired. I'm not functioning I don't see my daughter. My house is trashed we spend 80% in car. Swimming is 1 hour away so is food.

I'm having WLS next week so worried about kids. How they will cope. In hosp for 4 days. Ahhhhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know how you feel at the moment. We just drove 6 hours, after picking the kids up at school, so we can be in town early for appointments. It's usually only a 3 hour drive but because it's raining we had to go the long way. (Dirt roads were shut)

9am psych for Mr5, 11am speech for Mr5 and first diagnostic appointment for Mr3 elsewhere then 1pm OT for Mr5.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to a Video Self Modelling class at DS2's school yesterday, it was pretty amazing stuff, at least I thought it was. The class was run by DS2's school teacher, I really like her.

I also booked Ds2 in for a dentist appointment, needless to say I am pretty nervous about it as if it's anything like a hair cut it's going to be quiet distressing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone watching SBS Insight tonight?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Anyone watching SBS Insight tonight?
    No, I didn't end up tuning in.

I probably should have, but I knew there would be Autistic adults talking about how they have been treated unfairly/poorly, and I find it a bit too confronting/heartbreaking.

Did you end up watching it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    No, I didn't end up tuning in.

I probably should have, but I knew there would be Autistic adults talking about how they have been treated unfairly/poorly, and I find it a bit too confronting/heartbreaking.

Did you end up watching it?
    I did, and you're right, it was pretty negative in a lot of ways. A couple of heartbreaking stories, but also one autistic adult in particular who spoke very well and positively. They approached the diagnosis issue from quite a negative point of view in my opinion and placed lots of emphasis on parents seeking diagnosis just for funding. Very little mention of the positive aspects of diagnosis in terms of understanding your child better and your child understanding themselves better. If you're looking for something more positive, ABC Lateline had a great segment Monday night also discussing issues with diagnosis, but also discussing the ICan network - a much more positive spin on the whole issue. I watched it on iview this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    How is everyone going?

I am exhausted. I don't know how to balance it all. Can someone tell me what I can do.

Tues-speech then ot (back to back apps) a snack and stretch inbetween.
    Weds food therapy
    Thursday aqua then I have to do kindy for dd thurs fri and weds alternative. Does anyone do ABA? Can these therapies goto childcare? We aren't on ndis yet. I'm feeling lost I'm tired. I'm not functioning I don't see my daughter. My house is trashed we spend 80% in car. Swimming is 1 hour away so is food.

I'm having WLS next week so worried about kids. How they will cope. In hosp for 4 days. Ahhhhh
    Sorry to hear things are tough at the moment Monnie. Good luck with your WLS and good on you for focussing on yourself and something that you need! It might be challenging for the kids with you away, but they'll get through it and so will you.

We didn't do ABA and to be honest I've read really mixed reports about it. Not sure whether the therapists can go to kinder, etc. You'd probably have to give the specific centre a call and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahalfdozen, how did your first diagnostic appointment go with your 3 year old? It sounds like a crazy, full on day!

WhiteMage, what's video self modelling? Sounds interesting! I hope DS2 surprises you with his reaction to the dentist.

DD had her flu shot over the weekend and surprised us all. We gave her the choice whether or not to get it as the last two injections have been traumatic for us all (holding her down while she screams/cries) and we felt that this wasn't "necessary" for a flu shot. She decided she did want to get it done, and used strategies that she has been discussing/practicing with her psychologist, along with the Ipad and headphones for distraction and sitting on DH's lap while he held her firmly. She went in and out in a few mins with no tears at all! She was so proud of herself, and so were we. Meanwhile she has a school excursion today so was up at 4.15am with a nightmare and then up at 5am for the day. She's going to be exhausted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There wasn't much said after his appointment. It was just two assessors really, one played with him or instigated stuff and the other took notes.
    She said that she's not really in a position to give information, as what she records will go alongside what the speech and OT gather (next week) and the paed will get it all and make some decisions from there. But she said he did some stuff well, and some stuff not so well. So I think she is of a similar vein to me, in that there is something potentially there, but not sure what.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (25-05-2017)