+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Argh. Looks like we really need to invest in one of those tracker gadgets. He took off to leave school during class AGAIN on Tuesday. An office lady luckily saw him and stopped him at the front gate. I'm really worried that he will try to walk home though. We live just out of town, it's a little town, so he has the main road (highway, albeit not a hugely busy one) and a train line to cross. It's about a 2km walk, and honestly, just scares the poop out of me.
    I've seen ones that you can set an invisible boundary for certain times of the day, and you get an alert if he leaves. Thinking of getting something like that.
    How scary for you! I hope you can navigate through the watch options and sort something out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @Ahalfdozen that's really scary I hope you find a good device for your DS. I was also quietly terrified of this with DS starting school, but he's well supervised being in the support class and the only place he seems to be interested in wandering off to is the mains.tream playground.

As for an update on us, all is going well at the moment. DS is really thriving in his class at school and he's very happy there.

Tomorrow I'm taking DS to a hairdresser for the first time to see if they can manage to cut his hair All his previous haircuts have been at home and it's really distressing for all of us as he has to be restrained by me while DH uses the clippers (scissors are too dangerous when he flails around).

The salon caters specifically for people with additional needs and they have a room for ASD folks full of sensory stuff. Wish me luck!!!
    Good luck with the haircut. Sounds like if it works okay it will be much easier than cutting it at home!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on DS1 WhiteMage - it's so nice to hear when there's improvement in something they've been struggling with. It sounds like the teachers are invested in him doing welll too which is such a positive!

DD is struggling a little at the moment. Anxiety is increasing to levels we haven't seen for ages. Lots of changes and disruption at home and school over the last week or two, so hoping things settle once everything's back to normal.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope things settle down for you @sajimum

I am super tired this weekend. I think I am very fed up of life things at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you're feeling a little better this week and have regained some energy WhiteMage. Life can be very full on and exhausting when you never get a chance to switch off.

Things are a little more settled here thankfully, though things are still not back to routine for DD yet (they have multiple student teachers in the classroom and school swimming this week). She seems a little more settled though which is nice.
    @Mod-Degrassi how did the haircut go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    I hope you're feeling a little better this week and have regained some energy WhiteMage. Life can be very full on and exhausting when you never get a chance to switch off.

Things are a little more settled here thankfully, though things are still not back to routine for DD yet (they have multiple student teachers in the classroom and school swimming this week). She seems a little more settled though which is nice.
    @Mod-Degrassi how did the haircut go?
    Glad to hear your DD is feeling more settled.

The haircut was not totally successful, though the hairdresser was wonderfully patient and understanding. We were in there for over an hour (in a private room equipped with lots of sensory stuff) and she managed to snip DS's hair about 12 times. We tried everything, but he just wasn't okay with sitting down and letting her do a proper haircut.

She said some other children have been in and behaved similarly, and some of them are coming back regularly to gradually build up trust between her and the child. So I think we'll try again in the near future, however we'll have to face cutting it ourselves with the clippers again in the next week or so as it really needs a proper cut DS has a very full head of hair, and it becomes unruly if we let it go too long between cuts.

In other news, DS received another award at assembly yesterday for 'constantly giving his best for learning'. We're super proud of him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are doing something similar with DS2 Degrassi. We use clippers, he comes and touches it, she might let him feel it on his face to get used to the vibration. We are concentrating on just the neck and around the ears, and the more often you do it the more we attempt to cut off until he desensitized enough to do the whole head.. That's the dream anyways. It will mean many funny hair cuts for a while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, just marking my spot in here. My 3yo DS is undergoing his formal assessment for ASD on the 10th July. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a diagnosis so we can move on and stop guessing! :lol:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Sariele. Hopefully you get some answers from your assessment.

I got my 3yos assessment dates all sorted now. I still don't think he has it, but I'm sure *something* is going on there and because of Mr5 having it, it made sense to have him checked out.
    Going in on the 19th for some diagnostic interview and then on the 2nd of June he has his formal speech and OT assessments. They are doing those at the same time (a play based assessment they will both interact with him in) purely due to my distance away from the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Mothers day my lady warriors. Continue to slay!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (14-05-2017)