+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 811
  1. #671
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,493
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked
    1,135
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveablebubbles View Post
    A few years back we had two weddings in one year, the first one I did not think to do much prep for him, we went with nana and pop and stayed at a big 4. (The wedding was there.) it was horrid. Ground swallow me up whole horrid!
    So the next wedding was interstate again but we flew. I prepped the airline, and I social storied to the max! But it worked! Really really worked. We all had a fun time and he knew what was happening and what was expected of him.
    Highly recommend doing a social story about airports customs, and where you are staying. And if you can have to airlines on side if need be before you take off.
    I definitely agree with preparation before your holiday. We didn't do social stories, but did look at pictures of where we were staying, discussed what would happen at the airport, on the plane, etc.

  2. #672
    White Mage's Avatar
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,812
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked
    1,619
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Happiest surprise ever 💓
    Attached Images

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

    Loveablebubbles  (27-04-2017),Mod-Degrassi  (27-04-2017)

  4. #673
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked
    1,839
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Argh. Looks like we really need to invest in one of those tracker gadgets. He took off to leave school during class AGAIN on Tuesday. An office lady luckily saw him and stopped him at the front gate. I'm really worried that he will try to walk home though. We live just out of town, it's a little town, so he has the main road (highway, albeit not a hugely busy one) and a train line to cross. It's about a 2km walk, and honestly, just scares the poop out of me.
    I've seen ones that you can set an invisible boundary for certain times of the day, and you get an alert if he leaves. Thinking of getting something like that.

  5. #674
    White Mage's Avatar
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,812
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked
    1,619
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Argh. Looks like we really need to invest in one of those tracker gadgets. He took off to leave school during class AGAIN on Tuesday. An office lady luckily saw him and stopped him at the front gate. I'm really worried that he will try to walk home though. We live just out of town, it's a little town, so he has the main road (highway, albeit not a hugely busy one) and a train line to cross. It's about a 2km walk, and honestly, just scares the poop out of me.
    I've seen ones that you can set an invisible boundary for certain times of the day, and you get an alert if he leaves. Thinking of getting something like that.
    Wow that is one of my biggest fears.
    I have been considering the Moochies watch for sometime for my youngest, it has an inbuilt gps system, including basic phone stuff. (Mum, Dad Emergency number)
    https://www.moochiesforkids.com.au/

  6. #675
    White Mage's Avatar
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,812
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked
    1,619
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So today my eldest recieved a Pupil of the week award.
    It was for coping well with 1 on 1 'Turn and talk' time. They talk about certain things with their partners, be it what they did that weekend, or ideas for a certain topic they might be discussing. DS1 really struggles with this activity as he doesn't do well with any conversation outside his interests. But he listens pretty ok.
    His teacher has told me he is getting better at it, which is great. So proud he got an award today.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

    sajimum  (05-05-2017)

  8. #676
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked
    1,839
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    Wow that is one of my biggest fears.
    I have been considering the Moochies watch for sometime for my youngest, it has an inbuilt gps system, including basic phone stuff. (Mum, Dad Emergency number)
    https://www.moochiesforkids.com.au/
    That one looks alright. I've got some serious shopping to do I think.

    We have ordered one of those Octopus watches (on Kickstarter) for our son. It's a scheduling thing. Has no gps in it or anything. It's just a visual cue for him.
    I was researching the gps things a few years ago and it seems like there are so many more options now. Feeling overwhelmed with options haha

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    White Mage  (05-05-2017)

  10. #677
    White Mage's Avatar
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,812
    Thanks
    1,412
    Thanked
    1,619
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ooo I have ordered the same watch @Ahalfdozen for DS1. Can't wait to get it honestly.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

    Ahalfdozen  (05-05-2017)

  12. #678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10,920
    Thanks
    3,517
    Thanked
    6,613
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Ahalfdozen that's really scary I hope you find a good device for your DS. I was also quietly terrified of this with DS starting school, but he's well supervised being in the support class and the only place he seems to be interested in wandering off to is the mains.tream playground.

    As for an update on us, all is going well at the moment. DS is really thriving in his class at school and he's very happy there.

    Tomorrow I'm taking DS to a hairdresser for the first time to see if they can manage to cut his hair All his previous haircuts have been at home and it's really distressing for all of us as he has to be restrained by me while DH uses the clippers (scissors are too dangerous when he flails around).

    The salon caters specifically for people with additional needs and they have a room for ASD folks full of sensory stuff. Wish me luck!!!

  13. #679
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,151
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked
    1,839
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @Ahalfdozen that's really scary I hope you find a good device for your DS. I was also quietly terrified of this with DS starting school, but he's well supervised being in the support class and the only place he seems to be interested in wandering off to is the mains.tream playground.

    As for an update on us, all is going well at the moment. DS is really thriving in his class at school and he's very happy there.

    Tomorrow I'm taking DS to a hairdresser for the first time to see if they can manage to cut his hair All his previous haircuts have been at home and it's really distressing for all of us as he has to be restrained by me while DH uses the clippers (scissors are too dangerous when he flails around).

    The salon caters specifically for people with additional needs and they have a room for ASD folks full of sensory stuff. Wish me luck!!!


    Good luck We usually do our sons with clippers but recently hubby was getting his hair done at a barbers and Mr5 was with him and for some reason, took a shining to the barbers daughter (who also does the haircuts there) and she is allowed to cut his hair haha

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Degrassi  (05-05-2017)

  15. #680
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,196
    Thanks
    7,517
    Thanked
    3,630
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone. Not sure how I missed this thread! I'm subbing and will be back at some stage to introduce myself and my boys :-)

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

    Mod-Degrassi  (05-05-2017),sajimum  (05-05-2017)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Awesome Mums of Autistic kids- how many of us are there (#2) ?????????
    By mumof2cuties in forum Parents of Children with Special Needs
    Replies: 990
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 17:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Shapland Swim SchoolsSemi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›