Closed Thread
Page 66 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey everyone.

Glad to see all the kids loving school!

I have been bit depressed as DS has been struggling with dd being at kindergarten. He's behaviours worsening. (We have train obsession) he runs through house impersonating one constantly. Hitting is becoming more. Our ot said he is highly sensory a
    A last week we did a test thing. Still not seeing behaviour, psych etc. I'm on old funding and she is pushing for trampoline and said nothing's been approved recently. I also got rejected carers payment so am back at work 3:30-6:30 4 times a week. Perfect shifts buy I'm tired

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Awesome Mums of Autistic kids-how many of us are there (#3)????????

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hey everyone.

I have been bit depressed as DS has been struggling with dd being at kindergarten. He's behaviours worsening. (We have train obsession) he runs through house impersonating one constantly. Hitting is becoming more. Our ot said he is highly sensory age is gone
    A last week we did a test thing. Still not seeing behaviour, psych etc. I'm on old funding and she is pushing for trampoline and said nothing's been approved recently. I also got rejected carers payment so am back at work 3:30-6:30 4 times a week. Perfect shifts buy I'm tired
    Hi Monnie ,
    It sounds like he is missing his sister and does not understand why she is gone for the day.

As for your carers, did you appeal? It seems they're making it harder and harder to get first application.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveablebubbles View Post
    I have just seen this thread, I am an ASD mum to Mr 8. I also work in the autism field both paid and voluntary. I am very passionate about what I do.
    Welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Hey everyone.

I have been bit depressed as DS has been struggling with dd being at kindergarten. He's behaviours worsening. (We have train obsession) he runs through house impersonating one constantly. Hitting is becoming more. Our ot said he is highly sensory a
    Sorry to hear your DS has been struggling. Must be a big change for him with your DD at kinder. Hopefully your OT can help with some strategies going forward. Is your DD enjoying kinder?

That's really annoying with carer's payment. I didn't realize it was difficult to get. Can you try again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    How are you feeling about it all? It can be overwhelming!
    Very relieved. I knew she was (I am and she's a mini me lol) and I was desperately hoping that someone else would see it so she can start getting some help. I never got any support growing up and it was terrifying me that she would go through the same thing. The MCHN and paediatrician kept brushing it all off as 'normal toddler behaviour' when I knew it wasn't. Someone finally took me seriously and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Very relieved. I knew she was (I am and she's a mini me lol) and I was desperately hoping that someone else would see it so she can start getting some help. I never got any support growing up and it was terrifying me that she would go through the same thing. The MCHN and paediatrician kept brushing it all off as 'normal toddler behaviour' when I knew it wasn't. Someone finally took me seriously and I couldn't be happier!
    I'm glad you're so positive about it. Must be such a relief and now you can move forward with helping her.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (05-04-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im finding where we are getting our services a bit hopeless but if i change wh ere we go its further etc... we could go somewhere else but i would like to wait until our NDIS is aprpoved. EG we have had nealry 8 weeks aqua OT and not much help in water he just floats around yet we have gone up 2 levels in swimming! like WTF? :/ she doesnt unwind the session either she just kicks him out the water!!!

i got the carer allowance but not the payment yet we earn around 50k a year they confuse the hell out of me!!! im waiting for more medical stuff for hte appeal.

how is everyone planning on surviving hte holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling hopeful today, even though we do not have NDIS yet, we are still on state funding, we have a new community access worker start. He is fresh to this job and seems pretty switched on.
    Mr 8 even asked for him to be a permanent swap with the worker we were trying to replace. So today I had my first "break" from little man's company since school finished last Wednesday. I promise I did some thing so exciting, I went and paid off a lay by, brought a new suit case and did a top up grocery shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish Mr5 was a bit easier to reason with sometimes. We are waiting for my husband to get home from town (it's a 3 hour drive but he's only about 20 minutes away now) and he is bringing a BBQ chook and some rolls with him. Well my son has decided that he absolutely cannot wait that long for food, despite having had afternoon tea. He's been jumping on my bed, screaming for the last half hour. Not yelling words, just screams as if he were dying. I've tried explaining but I'm sure you all know as well as I do, that that's completely fruitless.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I think it's good for him to get a bit of a break. It's been a big term for him and I can see it's starting to wear him down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I wish Mr5 was a bit easier to reason with sometimes. We are waiting for my husband to get home from town (it's a 3 hour drive but he's only about 20 minutes away now) and he is bringing a BBQ chook and some rolls with him. Well my son has decided that he absolutely cannot wait that long for food, despite having had afternoon tea. He's been jumping on my bed, screaming for the last half hour. Not yelling words, just screams as if he were dying. I've tried explaining but I'm sure you all know as well as I do, that that's completely fruitless.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I think it's good for him to get a bit of a break. It's been a big term for him and I can see it's starting to wear him down.
    Can you use a timer (add some extra minutes to it) ?