+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ..Well DS2 raise the stakes tonight by creating a sh!t mural on his bedroom wall, DS1's bed and the chest of drawers...
    DH and I decided since both boys were in bed, we would enjoy each others company for the first time and watch tv together for the first time in almost years... And Ds2 does this.. people wonder why I am stressed out and have no life.
    I doubt anyone has a child who is almost 5 still spreading crap everywhere.. I am so livid I want to cry and run away right now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthic View Post
    How many parents had their diagnosis after the 6yo cut-off for government support via the NDIS?

My daughter was diagnosed when she was 7yo so there is little support. The maximum her Paed could offer was 10 sessions with a SP or OC but not both. There is no other government support available as she is not eligible for any NDIS funding due to the 6yo cut-off.

I'm half tempted to hold her back a year at school to give her an extra year to mature before she goes into high school. She is in Year 4 at m.a.i.n.s.t.r.e.a.m school.
    Do you just mean the Early Intervention thing? People with disabilities are eligible up to the age of 65yo. If she qualifies (its "needs based" but basically I've heard Level 2, 3 and 4 are shoe ins, Level 1s are a bit harder) she should still get some funding. It might not be as much as the Early Intervention packages (which I have heard of people with kids up to 10 or so years old still getting Early Intervention Packages, so not sure what is happening there) but would still be something. I think 10 sessions per year per therapist, so 10 OT and 10 Speech for example is the standard they try to give out, or something like that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Xanthic  (22-02-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    ..Well DS2 raise the stakes tonight by creating a sh!t mural on his bedroom wall, DS1's bed and the chest of drawers...
    DH and I decided since both boys were in bed, we would enjoy each others company for the first time and watch tv together for the first time in almost years... And Ds2 does this.. people wonder why I am stressed out and have no life.
    I doubt anyone has a child who is almost 5 still spreading crap everywhere.. I am so livid I want to cry and run away right now..
    I'm so sorry. I don't really know what to say to you that would be of any comfort.
    We haven't had any poop murals but I do get the "normal families with 5yos don't have these problems" feelings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hugs @White Mage

Thanks
    Reviews
    @White Mage,

I just wanted to send some hugs and support.

My DD1 who is three will smear if I don't get to her in time. It's really frustrating and heart breaking at the same time. DS is 5 in June and still doesn't poop on the toilet consistently. I sit him after school and hope for the best. The last few days he's been sitting then telling me he wants to get off the loo, only to run outside then do it in his pants ten minutes later.

Frustrating as hell.

I just wanted to say I understand, and offer some support. Other people have no clue as to what it's like. You just couldn't unless you live it.

Hugs xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's midnight here and I'm up with dd1.

Melatonin has stopped working. Paed started us on Clonidine, and it doesn't work.
    She's been beside herself and unable to cope during the day. Up all night and has started banging her head on the wall/floor.
    Massive numerous meltdowns with head banging during the day.

Life is really hard right now.

We have an appointment with a paediatric sleep physician in 3 weeks.

I'm so sad for her, life shouldn't be so hard for a three year old. It breaks my heart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Do you just mean the Early Intervention thing? People with disabilities are eligible up to the age of 65yo. If she qualifies (its "needs based" but basically I've heard Level 2, 3 and 4 are shoe ins, Level 1s are a bit harder) she should still get some funding. It might not be as much as the Early Intervention packages (which I have heard of people with kids up to 10 or so years old still getting Early Intervention Packages, so not sure what is happening there) but would still be something. I think 10 sessions per year per therapist, so 10 OT and 10 Speech for example is the standard they try to give out, or something like that.
    Thanks. Makes sense. We have a follow-up with our Paed in June so I'll chat to her then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are on Facebook, join a group called "Austin NDIS Support". They have plenty of info in there. There are a few other groups around too but this one is an Autism specific one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another good story from my sons school. They are starting the swim safe program this week. It's only supposed to be grade 1 and up but as my son is going to be the only one missing out, they have said he can join so long as I am there to help with supervision. (They are struggling with his running off and hiding a bit and obviously at the town pool, that's even more of an issue). So I am heading up to the pool in an hour and a half Which I'm happy to do anyway.

There is also a whole school excursion to a national park (middle of nowhere about 2 hours from home). It's overnight so they were concerned about how he would cope. So instead of excluding him, they invited me along and they have booked me and him a seperate room to stay in.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (28-02-2017)

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You know I am beginning to realize something.
    People ask you about your day or your life, you talk about it, they listen, and then somewhere they ask you if you are 'seeing someone?'
    I feel like my unconventional life is me just complaining. No. Its my life..