+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So what is everyone getting their kids for christmas? I really struggled this year as Davin is very hard to figure out, you can take him through a toy store and he really wont rush to anything he wants, he doesn't observe his surroundings at all. So it's a win in some ways as I never have him asking for everything in the store, but it means.. he never asks for anything in the .. store.. yeah..
    Lots of things I have bought in the past has only lasted a few moments and the brushed to the side.

My eldest needs fine motor stuff so I bought a heap of lego since he seems to be in to it at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @White Mage we're getting DS a Fireman Sam fire station play set, some sensory toys, books, a kite & The Gruffalo & Bob The Builder plush toys.

DS is pretty easy to buy for as his interests are pretty clear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    @Ahalfdozen if they are registered with hcwa they should roll over to NDIS as registered etc I'm more than certain.
    They don't auto rollover pretty sure. They have a lot of hoops to jump through to get NDIS registered I've heard. Plus ours don't want to register anyway due to losing a fair bit of autonomy. Not to mention, even if they did, they don't get rollout til 2 years after us.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
    So what is everyone getting their kids for christmas?.
    We got him an iPad (he has one for therapy but we are getting the kids "fun iPads for Christmas"). He is also getting some Lego, colouring in books, water gun, and few other little things.
    His birthday is 3rd Jan though and I haven't even thought about that yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My area hasn't rolled over yet, so I haven't even thought about it.
    I have no idea when or what will happen, so I might have to look into it soon.

DS is 4.5 and he loves puzzles. He does 100 piece puzzles really well. Also got him some books (he loves to read) and also a few mats with erasable crayons to do alphabets, phonics and numbers. He actually likes it so it's a win win

DD1 (3) loves things that spin and music. So I got her a spinning bell set with a mallet. You spin it and it makes music that sounds like a wind chime. She is going to love it
    Also got her some board books and a cog puzzle. Again, more spinning and she's in heaven

DD2 (10 months) got bath toys, a lullaby giraffe snuggly toy and a baby block puzzle.

It's hard to buy for them. I know they need things to learn, but when they don't play with them or just trash them it's such a waste. I'm trying to get my DS to do more imaginary play and he's actually getting good at this. He plays with the toy kitchen and gets his animals involved, has started telling me stories about what they're doing. So that's awesome. But DD1 is not there yet. Baby steps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add that DS had his first haircut yesterday, he's 4.5!

He was so good! We had to wait half an hour and he played with the toys and books really well. The was a huge line and a fair bit of noise/people, but that's never been a huge issue for him really.

The only thing he didn't like was the water spray bottle. But I talked him through it and made him laugh. He sat pretty still but when he got wiggly we practiced counting and he read some of the signs in the shop.

All up a great experience. My DD1 would never be up for this. She is 3 and I have trimmed her fringe a few times, and chopped a bit of the back so it's less mullety

On a plus note she has been letting me put her hair in pigtails lately, so that's cool!

Anyone had any experience with this, any ideas to keep them still? At this stage I would never put DD1 through it as I know she would hate it. But maybe when she's a bit older.

I guess everyone struggles. The mum next to me had to hold her son and his father had Peppa pig on his iPhone, and the boy was still screaming

I think I'm lucky my boy got away with needing a haircut till now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbeep View Post
    My area hasn't rolled over yet, so I haven't even thought about it.
    I have no idea when or what will happen, so I might have to look into it soon.

DS is 4.5 and he loves puzzles. He does 100 piece puzzles really well. Also got him some books (he loves to read) and also a few mats with erasable crayons to do alphabets, phonics and numbers. He actually likes it so it's a win win

DD1 (3) loves things that spin and music. So I got her a spinning bell set with a mallet. You spin it and it makes music that sounds like a wind chime. She is going to love it
    Also got her some board books and a cog puzzle. Again, more spinning and she's in heaven

DD2 (10 months) got bath toys, a lullaby giraffe snuggly toy and a baby block puzzle.

It's hard to buy for them. I know they need things to learn, but when they don't play with them or just trash them it's such a waste. I'm trying to get my DS to do more imaginary play and he's actually getting good at this. He plays with the toy kitchen and gets his animals involved, has started telling me stories about what they're doing. So that's awesome. But DD1 is not there yet. Baby steps
    Imaginary play hmm, I got my eldest a doll house in the shape of a fire station. There are some awesome spaceship and other things like that around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbeep View Post
    Just wanted to add that DS had his first haircut yesterday, he's 4.5!

He was so good! We had to wait half an hour and he played with the toys and books really well. The was a huge line and a fair bit of noise/people, but that's never been a huge issue for him really.

The only thing he didn't like was the water spray bottle. But I talked him through it and made him laugh. He sat pretty still but when he got wiggly we practiced counting and he read some of the signs in the shop.

All up a great experience. My DD1 would never be up for this. She is 3 and I have trimmed her fringe a few times, and chopped a bit of the back so it's less mullety

On a plus note she has been letting me put her hair in pigtails lately, so that's cool!

Anyone had any experience with this, any ideas to keep them still? At this stage I would never put DD1 through it as I know she would hate it. But maybe when she's a bit older.

I guess everyone struggles. The mum next to me had to hold her son and his father had Peppa pig on his iPhone, and the boy was still screaming

I think I'm lucky my boy got away with needing a haircut till now
    We ended up having to buy clippers and cut the kids hair ourselves. Only once in the last two years he has been to a barber. And apparently (DH was with him) the barber was really good and managed to get it done, but years ago we tried a few times at a hair dresser and he just screamed and lost it to the point it took 3 of us (me, DH and MIL) to hold him to get him out of the shop. He was thrashing around and completely uncontrollable.

The most recent go with the barber, he was just there with DH while DH was having his haircut. One of the barbers asked my son if he wanted his haircut too, and my son agreed and picked his hairstyle etc. DH said he couldn't believe it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have to do haircuts at home with clippers - DH cuts while I hold DS. He absolutely hates it, but he gets just that little bit better each time.

DH is a former hairdresser from way back in the day, so his technique is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds has cut his own hair once Haha and I've done it once for him looked bit dodgy but I'm trying get him used to it at home where he's more comfortable but I've found a barber with motorbikes etc I think he will like it!!

Dd is worse she wants long hair like Elsa so when I cut it the biggest tantrum but doesn't like me brushing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had school transition today, got to meet DS2's teacher and have a very long chat with her. She was really lovely, I am really feeling a lot less stressed now, and we have made goals.

- Toilet training
    - A form of communication that people on all levels will understand.
    - Eating properly. (He eats too fast, stores food in his cheeks likes a squirrel and swallows like an emu, and uses hands and not utensils)

I put him in uniform today to help him in the future with understanding where it is he is going.

15423790_10154187278691274_2055827576_n.jpg