+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in NSW, yes it is public.
    We have looked at private but it's starts at $5-6000 for kindy than up every year.
    They are waiting till after the orientation is done, the orientation is only 9.30-12.30.
    The Counceller says she doesn't think she would be able to sit and pay attention long enough for the cognitive assessment. Although she has learnt herself when she has a overload either hearing or too many people or what whatever it might she removes herself from the situation, as in just goes to a corner and plays quietly. She has learnt that at home when my DS was born she was 3 and when he cried she would get so so upset. Take herself to her room and close the door, she does it if we have a birthday or if there are more than 2 additional people other than myself DH and DS. The Counceller says that's a sign of very high intelligence. She recognised her issue and resolves it herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Mr4 had his third orientation day today. He's just been going til the end of recess (11:30). He was fine on Friday but struggled a bit yesterday and today. Hopefully it just takes some getting used to. Apparently he just cries a lot. Cries because he doesn't know where to sit or because he wants to do a different activity or whatever else.
    Yesterday when I went to pick him up, he was inside the boys toilets behind the door, bawling his eyes out. Because I gave him baked beans in his lunchbox but forgot a spoon and he didn't know to just ask the office.

But the principal (who had his class today) says she thinks he will get there eventually. Next year he might just start on half days for the first week.
    Oh my gosh that sounds terrible!
    How are you coping?
    Are you comfortable with that half days for the first week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeh she has basically written the whole transition thing around her observations and my input. So it's a little play it by ear but we all think it will help him settle back in after the 7 weeks off.
    Even with preschool, after the two week holidays he takes the first week to settle properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofrosealiened View Post
    The Counceller says she doesn't think she would be able to sit and pay attention long enough for the cognitive assessment.
    Yes, this is the case with most kids on the spectrum - my DS didn't get very far through it at all - the attention span just isn't there.

It's important that they do the testing though, as it will demonstrate that your DD is going to need support.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ds2 didn't/couldn't sit the assessment. Very common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm outraged with your counsellor sorry but she needs new profession..

Ours did the assessment through us & he played in room etc.

@Ahalfadozen I hope your transition improves.

Ds is pretty good at childcare so hoping school will be ok. His only thing is he doesn't like picking things up he finishes etc and gets very focused on project doesn't want change

Thanks
    Reviews
    @monnie24 don't apologise I'm just happy I'm not the only one who thinks this! She said most of it is timed and doesn't like to have anyone in the room because it distracts her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got the phone call from DS2's future school. I got the end results for DS2's ENQ. He got level 4 funding. Which entitles him to a full time aid. The best result we could get for him. I am so happy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (17-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @White Mage
    That is amazing! We have just finished orientation and they have sent away for the funding. That would be such a relief! I'm so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofrosealiened View Post
    @White Mage
    That is amazing! We have just finished orientation and they have sent away for the funding. That would be such a relief! I'm so happy for you
    Good luck to you! ENQ's are a horrible process. This highlights how lucky we were to get my eldest son's funding at level 4 last year.