Closed Thread
Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    IMG_1478500436.495758.jpg

Pretty proud of my kid. Starting school next year (turns 5 in January) and I have been sending him to "homework club" which is a little group of kids in the library with a teacher on Monday afternoons, for a few months now. I set up up with some writing to copy, and then leave him to it and come grab him when it's finished. The teacher supervises but doesn't help him.
    I think he is doing super well

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (08-11-2016),sajimum  (09-11-2016),White Mage  (08-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Re melatonin (only works if your body is lacking). Too.
    Oh yes, I should have mentioned this. Like any "supplement", your body will absorb any it is lacking but once you get to normal levels it should flush it out with your bodily waste. Which means if you are low, it will work but if you have adequate amounts already, then it will likely just go straight through your body and out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg that writing is fantastic!!

Well done!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Ahalfdozen I agree with Monnie - your DS is going so well with his handwriting! Fantastic

DS had his first primary school transition session yesterday - pleased to say it went really well! It was only for an hour, but the teacher's feedback was quite positive.

I love that the children are so well supported. The class has about 10 students and 3 teachers. If one of the children gets restless and needs a sensory break, a teacher will take them outside for a quick jump on the trampoline or a little play at the sensory playground and bring them back to class.

Looking forward to next week's session, which will be 2 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    @Ahalfdozen I agree with Monnie - your DS is going so well with his handwriting! Fantastic

DS had his first primary school transition session yesterday - pleased to say it went really well! It was only for an hour, but the teacher's feedback was quite positive.

I love that the children are so well supported. The class has about 10 students and 3 teachers. If one of the children gets restless and needs a sensory break, a teacher will take them outside for a quick jump on the trampoline or a little play at the sensory playground and bring them back to class.

That's great is it SN school or main ******?

The school we are looking at is main ****** but meant to be fantastic so fx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    That's great is it SN school or main ******?

The school we are looking at is main ****** but meant to be fantastic so fx
    It's a support class within a main****** public school. The plan will be to integrate him into a main****** class down the track (when he is deemed ready).

Choosing a school is such an important decision - you just really need that feeling the school you choose is confident about helping children with additional needs.

I've toured two main****** schools locally and both gave me the impression that they would be capable and supportive should DS end up attending there later on (which is really reassuring).

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard as the private schools are already full like ffs I didn't think we would have to have a back up so we have put applications anyway JIC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Attachment 86098

Pretty proud of my kid. Starting school next year (turns 5 in January) and I have been sending him to "homework club" which is a little group of kids in the library with a teacher on Monday afternoons, for a few months now. I set up up with some writing to copy, and then leave him to it and come grab him when it's finished. The teacher supervises but doesn't help him.
    I think he is doing super well
    It looks like he's doing amazingly well with his handwriting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post

So glad to hear your DS went well at school transition. What a relief for you and your DH. The set up there sounds amazing and hopefully he will thrive once settled in. Good luck for the next transition!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (09-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is getting tired now - Term 4 feels long already! There are lots of social events on and various other things through school, which she loves but finds exhausting. Plus her and DS both have colds which isn't helping. In positive news, we recently purchased (with funding) some monkey bars, climbing equipment, swing, etc. and DD is loving it! I am hoping it will really help with her gross motor skills, strength and coordination. We have also started discussing teacher choice for next year and transition to Grade 1. I really really hope we get a great teacher as I think it could make all the difference.