Closed Thread
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 1001
  1. #531
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked
    1,859
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I agree, we do what we can as parents in a way that works for us, every circumstance is different and to label choices is just wrong. I did and still do my utmost best given MY circumstances and to be inferred that I'm cruel or negligent completely gets my blood boiling.
    Exactly. I was far from a cruel or negligent mother but yet I'm still made to feel like one cos I didn't conform to the norm. I wish they knew the hours I stayed awake with a reflux baby who didn't sleep. The hours I cried with a sick baby or the weeks in hospital prior to having a premmie and a 2 yr old at home .. To insinuate I was cruel and or negligent makes me want to scream

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (29-12-2015),Frankenmum  (29-12-2015)

  3. #532
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,664
    Thanks
    3,277
    Thanked
    1,956
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I agree, we do what we can as parents in a way that works for us, every circumstance is different and to label choices is just wrong. I did and still do my utmost best given MY circumstances and to be inferred that I'm cruel or negligent completely gets my blood boiling.
    The whole cruel thing is ridiculous. A newborn isn't going to even know whether his/her mother is in the same room as them.

  4. #533
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,153
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked
    1,859
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    The whole cruel thing is ridiculous. A newborn isn't going to even know whether his/her mother is in the same room as them.
    Exactly

  5. #534
    TheGooch's Avatar
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,303
    Thanks
    9,461
    Thanked
    4,983
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Why is this being discussed in this thread? Contact a Mod, have a conversation directly with people annoying you or take a break.

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (29-12-2015),BettyV  (29-12-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-12-2015),GirlsRock  (29-12-2015),harvs  (29-12-2015),HearMeRoar  (29-12-2015),HollyGolightly81  (29-12-2015),M'LadyEm  (29-12-2015),Mamasupial  (30-12-2015)

  7. #535
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    5,121
    Thanks
    4,916
    Thanked
    4,774
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Why is this being discussed in this thread? Contact a Mod, have a conversation directly with people annoying you or take a break.
    Exactly ladies!

  8. #536
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    7,337
    Thanks
    4,095
    Thanked
    3,684
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    Why is this being discussed in this thread? Contact a Mod, have a conversation directly with people annoying you or take a break.
    Or better yet, don't get offended by something someone has said. You know you're not a cruel and mean Mum. You know why you made those decisions for your family. So what someone else says on a forum shouldn't have the power to hurt or offend you.

    (And yes, I've read it, and yes, according to the poster, I'm a cruel Mum too. I couldn't BF either due to lack of supply and my babies slept alone after the first few months as their noises kept me awake. Someone on a forum thinks that's mean? Meh. Couldn't care a less.)

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (29-12-2015),HearMeRoar  (29-12-2015),Ngaiz  (29-12-2015),TheGooch  (29-12-2015)

  10. #537
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,141
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked
    3,234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Or better yet, don't get offended by something someone has said. You know you're not a cruel and mean Mum. You know why you made those decisions for your family. So what someone else says on a forum shouldn't have the power to hurt or offend you.

    (And yes, I've read it, and yes, according to the poster, I'm a cruel Mum too. I couldn't BF either due to lack of supply and my babies slept alone after the first few months as their noises kept me awake. Someone on a forum thinks that's mean? Meh. Couldn't care a less.)
    This is good advice. We all make decisions based on what works for us. So what if your babies were in their cot from day 1 in their room. So what if you could not/did not want to BF. You are the best mum for your babies/kids/teens. Please do not let anyone make you feel any less of a loving parent because they make different decisions.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    amyd  (29-12-2015),Californication  (29-12-2015),TheGooch  (29-12-2015),~Marigold~  (29-12-2015)

  12. #538
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    2,773
    Thanked
    2,283
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Fairly sure that DD could actually talk under water.
    DS1 is the same. Driving me crazy at the moment! Though it is a pleasant change to the constant arguing/shouting/ whinging that he has been doing of late. At least he is happy, I guess!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (29-12-2015)

  14. #539
    FearlessLeader's Avatar
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,728
    Thanks
    2,499
    Thanked
    9,124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pretty disappointed but not at all surprised at the rate threads get closed around here. I remember the good ole days when we were treated like adults who could hash out an disagreement without threads getting closed/deleted. In the last few days I've seen some threads get heated, but not to the point of personal attacks or the like. When they get closed it's effectively silencing people who have not done anything wrong or broken any rules. I can imagine it's infuriating to come back and find that you can't respond to someone or that all the words you took the time to write have disappeared forever.
    No wonder it's so quiet around here these days, no controversy or slightly raised voices allowed. Makes for a very boring forum.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

    Californication  (29-12-2015),Elijahs Mum  (30-12-2015),Nemmi1987  (29-12-2015),VicPark  (29-12-2015)

  16. #540
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    7,337
    Thanks
    4,095
    Thanked
    3,684
    Reviews
    13
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Pretty disappointed but not at all surprised at the rate threads get closed around here. I remember the good ole days when we were treated like adults who could hash out an disagreement without threads getting closed/deleted. In the last few days I've seen some threads get heated, but not to the point of personal attacks or the like. When they get closed it's effectively silencing people who have not done anything wrong or broken any rules. I can imagine it's infuriating to come back and find that you can't respond to someone or that all the words you took the time to write have disappeared forever.
    No wonder it's so quiet around here these days, no controversy or slightly raised voices allowed. Makes for a very boring forum.
    I agree. I think part of the problem is back in the good ole days, people would debate the issue. Lately, people just attack the person. Or people get upset and offended on a throw away line or someone's opinion. Sometimes it's warranted, sometimes I think some big girl panties are required.

    I just came back on to see what had happened. Guess that's why I can't find the thread!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

    HollyGolightly81  (30-12-2015)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue BankCryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›