+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,553
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked
    2,582
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

    Default 5w3d empty gestational sac

    I really need some positive stories please! Gestational sac is measuring 5w3d (pretty spot on for dates), bloods look fine. Drs said it could just be too early but aren't convinced it will be a viable pregnancy. Follow up bloods and scan in 2 weeks to see if there is any progress.

    Has anyone had this and had a positive outcome? Im holding onto a shred of hope its just too early.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,006
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    So sorry you're going through this.

    When I had my surprise 4th pregnancy I had no idea of dates so had a dating scan. At around 5 weeks I had a sac but nothing else. I even had spotting shortly after. But it turns out I was pregnant. It was a very stressful time and as we were traveling at the time I wasn't able to have another scan until 8 weeks.

    I'll keep everything crossed for you. I know how much you want this x

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (23-10-2015)

  4. #3
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Big hugs @SheWarrior xx
    I have been following along with your diary and still recall when you gave birth to your 4th DD and the amazing birth pics you shared. Sending you positive sticky baby vibes x

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,535
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    After ivf at 5w (certain of dates) I had an ultrasound that showed an empty sac. Thinking of you!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,553
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked
    2,582
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    So sorry you're going through this.

    When I had my surprise 4th pregnancy I had no idea of dates so had a dating scan. At around 5 weeks I had a sac but nothing else. I even had spotting shortly after. But it turns out I was pregnant. It was a very stressful time and as we were traveling at the time I wasn't able to have another scan until 8 weeks.

    I'll keep everything crossed for you. I know how much you want this x
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Big hugs @SheWarrior xx
    I have been following along with your diary and still recall when you gave birth to your 4th DD and the amazing birth pics you shared. Sending you positive sticky baby vibes x
    Thank you both xo

    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    After ivf at 5w (certain of dates) I had an ultrasound that showed an empty sac. Thinking of you!
    What was the outcome @Best Things?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    2,251
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,535
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1445559215.261319.jpg



    Doctors said to me they weren't sure about viability either but everything was fine. Two weeks later a little jellybean and a very strong heart beat.
    Attached Images

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

    Apple iPhart6  (04-11-2015),azelqra  (23-10-2015),~Marigold~  (23-10-2015)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    795
    Thanks
    3,030
    Thanked
    695
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At my dating scan I had a gestational sac and yolk sac at 6w1d. Much freaking out ensued, especially since the report said potential non-viable pregnancy or something like that.

    Everything was fine though. I went back a week later and they found a heartbeat. He's now 9 months and a gorgeous little terror.

    Fingers crossed for you.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,553
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked
    2,582
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thats an adorable outcome

    Thank you. This morning is probably the sickest I have felt (had to grab a plastic bag in the car out of desperation at kindy drop off!), and my boobs are still killing me.... im hoping its all a sign things will be ok.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

    Best Things  (23-10-2015),~Marigold~  (23-10-2015)

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    6,196
    Thanks
    7,517
    Thanked
    3,630
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    When I was around 5 weeks with DD, they couldn't find a foetal pole or heart beat. I went back at 8 weeks and there she was

    I have worked in admin for a radiology place for years and now work for a fertility specialist in admin and I've seen lots and lots of happy outcomes in similar situations.

    I have everything crossed for you honey xxxx

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

    SheWarrior  (23-10-2015)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,553
    Thanks
    836
    Thanked
    2,582
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    When I was around 5 weeks with DD, they couldn't find a foetal pole or heart beat. I went back at 8 weeks and there she was

    I have worked in admin for a radiology place for years and now work for a fertility specialist in admin and I've seen lots and lots of happy outcomes in similar situations.

    I have everything crossed for you honey xxxx
    Thank you lovely.

    Feeling slightly more optimistic now.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Immature Eggs and Empty Follicles Problems
    By sunny37 in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-09-2015, 01:25
  2. Do you need to empty drawers when moving?
    By Little Miss Sunshine in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 15:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›