Closed Thread
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    Tantruming toddlers don't bother me at all. What really bothers me is the parents who feel the need to commentate every second of the tantrum louder than the tantrum. "You dropped your tic tacs? Oh no! Your tic tacs are on the floor. DONT EAT THEM, DONT EAT THEM, DONT EAT THEM, they're yucky. NO GIVE ME THOSE ONES, THEY'RE DIRTY NOW. *looks to baby and says in baby voice* oh no big brother dropped his tic tacs! What will we do?" Lord give me strength.
    omg. Like the tantrum isn't attracting enough attention on its own... I am more the grab-by-the-arm and quietly but firmly drag out of the shops and hope I don't see anyone I know - type!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tantruming toddlers don't bother me at all. What really bothers me is the parents who feel the need to commentate every second of the tantrum louder than the tantrum. "You dropped your tic tacs? Oh no! Your tic tacs are on the floor. DONT EAT THEM, DONT EAT THEM, DONT EAT THEM, they're yucky. NO GIVE ME THOSE ONES, THEY'RE DIRTY NOW. *looks to baby and says in baby voice* oh no big brother dropped his tic tacs! What will we do?" Lord give me strength.
    mental note to never be that parent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha that's funny. I'm more like " get up or you'll be left behind" kind of mum or like sunny said pick them up by the arm...l'm good at tuning out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what the intention of the loud commentating is; when your toddler is tantruming why would you want to draw more attention to yourself?! Cray cray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what the intention of the loud commentating is; when your toddler is tantruming why would you want to draw more attention to yourself?! Cray cray.
    I think its so people see they 'notice' and are 'doing something about it'.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

JR03  (23-08-2016),smallpotatoes  (23-08-2016)

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking about some amazing food for days, finally get it, and be very disappointed as it tastes hardly as good as you remembered it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe that's how they cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I think its so people see they 'notice' and are 'doing something about it'.
    I tend to agree with this. There are so many articles and blog posts etc floating around saying how bad parents are if they don't react to their toddler screaming and how if they "tune it out" they must just be ignorant and neglectful parents, that I think some mums get paranoid of what people must be thinking and when they are commentating on the kid, what they are really saying is "I am fully aware of this screaming toddler, I am going to very obviously do something about it so that you don't think I'm just some parent who doesn't give a toss".

It's one of the things in a long line of stuff that mothers do wrong that these "helpful parenting sites" and pages on Facebook shove guilt in their face for.

I'm don't give in to tantrums and often refuse to fuel them, this includes my 4yo autistic sons meltdowns and I have had more nasty comments (both directly to me and under their breath) about how I should be paying attention to my children and some have called me outright neglectful. So I assume the commentating ones are trying to avoid that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Dear neighbour, please shove that hammer where the sun does not shine. We never hear a damn peep from you except when DS is having his nap. It's like you time your noisy activities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    post-ECT pain is the pits. It hurts to move every muscle in my body & with having it every Mon/Wed/Fri there is zero recovery time (added to by it really isn't helping my thoughts & mood as much as I wanted it to )