Closed Thread
Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS has developed a sore throat & high temperature. With DS that means he most likely has bacterial tonsilitis (the joys of a public system wait list to have them out). Why now when I am probably not going to be able to get him an appointment at the local bulk billing GP tomorrow & to get him looked at would mean a few hours on a bus then a few hours waiting at the clinic next to not-so-local emergency department (ie an all day job) and I just want to stay home. Times like this I miss having a working car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    DS has developed a sore throat & high temperature. With DS that means he most likely has bacterial tonsilitis (the joys of a public system wait list to have them out). Why now when I am probably not going to be able to get him an appointment at the local bulk billing GP tomorrow & to get him looked at would mean a few hours on a bus then a few hours waiting at the clinic next to not-so-local emergency department (ie an all day job) and I just want to stay home. Times like this I miss having a working car.
    Do you have access to after hours dr? They are bulk billed.

I got tonsillitis eo many times when I was sick with glandular fever. It is horrible.

Hope you get a GP appointment. Tell them its urgent and go on a cancellation list as well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

pointless1  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Do you have access to after hours dr? They are bulk billed.

I got tonsillitis eo many times when I was sick with glandular fever. It is horrible.

Hope you get a GP appointment. Tell them its urgent and go on a cancellation list as well.
    thank you for that idea - I hadn't even thought of it & think I've found one that covers our area - saves a wasted day our tomorrow if I can't get an appt with his usual gp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    thank you for that idea - I hadn't even thought of it & think I've found one that covers our area - saves a wasted day our tomorrow if I can't get an appt with his usual gp
    Oh fingers crossed you can get one out. Poor guy tonsillitis is awful. I have had it a few times and as a teen remember getting the big penicillin jab in the butt maybe he needs more of that ice cream to soothe his throat

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cat has P!ssed somewhere in the house but I can't find it! I can smell cat pee very strongly though. So disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    The cat has P!ssed somewhere in the house but I can't find it! I can smell cat pee very strongly though. So disgusting.
    Absolute. Worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh no - that truly sucks.

Got an appt for DS & as I suspected he has tonsilitis (as a side I adore his dr - they had no appts but when I told them what I wanted one for they squeezed him in)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (13-08-2016),twinklify  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having dinner with DD at 5pm is leaving me hungry again at 9pm (easier to eat with her than eating at 6:30 when she's getting tired and needs attention and I can't wait til she goes to bed!)!
    I have the same problem... I figure my solutions are either have a small meal with DS at 5, then have proper dinner at 7:30 (provided he goes down on time), or have a proper meal with DS at 5, and then have supper at 8ish. I've never done either. I usually go to bed feeling hungry. But it's getting worse now I'm pregnant, so I'll have to choose one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuck. I hate it when my cat does that. Try the cupboards...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    jeez I'm on a roll today. just had a tooth crack on me. it's a back molar that's needed urgent attention for years so I'm actually surprised it's taken this long to fall apart on me. timing isn't ideal as dentistry bills are $$$ and I'm on mat leave til next month.

I reckon the tooth will need to be extracted (well what's left) then an implant put in. I wonder if what's left could even hold a crown it's so weak.

also I'm a total fairy when it comes to dentistry (hence having put this off for so long) so I'll need to find a sleep dentist. and preferably one who offers payment plans!