Closed Thread
Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    How is it going?

I am glad to see you posting more
    Feeling much better than I was before today's ECT already so it must be helping - hopefully with that feedback we can go back to weekly instead of fortnightly since the days after the day it would have been a week are like torture.

How is your DD now? Hope she is better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    A group of about 20 18 yr olds just took over every other room in this hall of the hotel! They're running in the hall, slamming doors, and shouting to each other. If they wake dd I'll lose my Sh!t. Except I won't of course, I'll just seethe quietly because I hate confrontation.

Call reception and complain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Call reception and complain.
    Yes! Just ring reception - this has happened to me and they sent a security guard up to settle everyone down. It might be fun for the group but you've paid for the peace & quiet of a hotel. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Yes! Just ring reception - this has happened to me and they sent a security guard up to settle everyone down. It might be fun for the group but you've paid for the peace & quiet of a hotel. Good luck!
    And if they don't settle down and wake your DD, you could then always tell them that you want to move rooms.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (15-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    Feeling much better than I was before today's ECT already so it must be helping - hopefully with that feedback we can go back to weekly instead of fortnightly since the days after the day it would have been a week are like torture.

How is your DD now? Hope she is better
    Glad to hear it is helping a little.

She spent the last 4 hours mostly crying. I gave up. DH lasted about 20 minutes and I took over again as it is more painful hearing him whinge than her cry lol.

I have had maybe 5 mins without someone touching me (I had a shower on my own for once) but DS spent the whole time bashing on the bathroom door while yelling out at me. So it was not relaxing.

She just got to sleep. Fingers crossed its for a few hours. DS is asleep too. Thank goodness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad to hear it is helping a little.

She spent the last 4 hours mostly crying. I gave up. DH lasted about 20 minutes and I took over again as it is more painful hearing him whinge than her cry lol.

I have had maybe 5 mins without someone touching me (I had a shower on my own for once) but DS spent the whole time bashing on the bathroom door while yelling out at me. So it was not relaxing.

She just got to sleep. Fingers crossed its for a few hours. DS is asleep too. Thank goodness.
    Hope she stayed asleep for you hun, sounds awful you poor thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Hope she stayed asleep for you hun, sounds awful you poor thing!
    I do not remember getting up or being awake so I assume she slept pretty well from about 11ish to 5ish. I have a feeling there was 1 wake up but it obviously was not significant enough to wake me up properly.

This morning I am hanging with DS and DD all day. I am already exhausted as DS got up at 5. But coffee has been consumed. So has breakfast. DD is in the carrier. Time to do stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not remember getting up or being awake so I assume she slept pretty well from about 11ish to 5ish. I have a feeling there was 1 wake up but it obviously was not significant enough to wake me up properly.

This morning I am hanging with DS and DD all day. I am already exhausted as DS got up at 5. But coffee has been consumed. So has breakfast. DD is in the carrier. Time to do stuff.
    glad you got a bit of sleep at least - you must be exhausted.

I am aching all over again presumably from the ECT yesterday - will be mentioning at my appt with my recovery clinician today because other than the first time I having had this much aching the day after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    glad you got a bit of sleep at least - you must be exhausted.

I am aching all over again presumably from the ECT yesterday - will be mentioning at my appt with my recovery clinician today because other than the first time I having had this much aching the day after
    I was fine until midday. Eating food and having tea and hoping I can sneak in a nap.

Is the aching a known side effect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    it is generally a side effect of the first session which is a titration session where the stimulus dose titration is done - after that from what I've been told they know the stimulus needed to provide the right amount of seizures so it shouldn't happen or at least be that severe again