Closed Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a night away from the kids, up the coast. Woke up at 6am. Cruel!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cannot breathe through my nose. My eyes are watering as I need to sneeze but can't. Hare flipping colds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Our credit card has been skimmed for the fourth time! It's getting ridiculous! Plus our bank is useless and it takes them 3 weeks to return the money we lost and we have no access to the remaining balance in the meantime. It's going to be an incredibly tough three weeks again. 😞
    you're not with BOQ by any chance are you? both my dad and sister had issues with being skimmed when with BOQ. one of them had $10k removed from their account? I hope you get it sorted ASAP!!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Winner 2016 BubHubs DIVA Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #6

In the city for one night for a meeting first thing tomorrow.
    3 hour drive
    Get to the car park - no attendant. 3 cars in a row in a narrow car park driveway. Driver at the front is irate. Doesn't want to wait for attendant. Wants 3 cars to reverse up steep driveway onto cbd street.
    Get to hotel. Floor 17. Get to floor and stupid little card doesn't work. Back down to reception.
    Get into room. Sit on bed watching tv until DH and DS FaceTime. Tv makes noise and picture goes all pink. Call reception. Guy comes and replaces hdmi.
    Decide it's time to empty mini bar as can't be bothered going back out for wine. Open drink. Not cold.
    Call room service for food + ice for drink.
    Told room service will be 1 hour.
    FaceTime DH & DS - I could smoosh them to bits!
    Shower.
    Miss door knock because shower. They took my meal away because I didn't answer. It was only 23 minutes since I called! Nowhere near the hour I was told.
    Faaaaaarrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkk

ETA meal was absolute ****e. Porterhouse pretending to be a $45 fillet steak. White chocolate mousse in a blob on plate. And split. FML
    Last edited by TheGooch; 17-05-2016 at 21:04.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

harvs  (18-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am wondering how hard it is to get the air conditioning at work to blow warm air. I shouldn't have to sit at my desk with a winter coat on to work! Two of my colleagues that sit right near me have fan heaters under their desks, I think I need to follow their lead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I am wondering how hard it is to get the air conditioning at work to blow warm air. I shouldn't have to sit at my desk with a winter coat on to work! Two of my colleagues that sit right near me have fan heaters under their desks, I think I need to follow their lead!
    Gosh this sounds like my work!
    Then the fan heaters got banned as it 'affects' the heating (you seriously can't win)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I feel your pain!! I spent summer at my desk in a ski jacket and fingerless gloves! It was ridiculous. Now that its cooler weather I'm sweltering all day... it can't be that hard to get it right surely!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel so so so so terrible. I have had this cold for at least a week and it is getting worse.

Probably due to getting minimal sleep, breastfeeding and generally not being able to take much to help.

So cranky and I am supposed to take DS to the library. I was going to walk but I don't know if that will just make it worse (I was going to go to the chemist and beg the pharmacist for something).

Note I don't drive much and being so sleep deprived and stuffy headed I do not trust myself to be one of those drivers who are off with the fairies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I feel so so so so terrible. I have had this cold for at least a week and it is getting worse.

Probably due to getting minimal sleep, breastfeeding and generally not being able to take much to help.

So cranky and I am supposed to take DS to the library. I was going to walk but I don't know if that will just make it worse (I was going to go to the chemist and beg the pharmacist for something).

Note I don't drive much and being so sleep deprived and stuffy headed I do not trust myself to be one of those drivers who are off with the fairies.
    I'm feeling the same - all I want to do is take heaps of medicine and go to bed for a trillion hours like my DH does when he's sick but no - I'm breastfeeding so no medicine and have kids to look after so no sleep. I resorted to taking a antihistamine that my pharmacist said was ok for breastfeeding - it's stopped my nose running so that's a win.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I'm feeling the same - all I want to do is take heaps of medicine and go to bed for a trillion hours like my DH does when he's sick but no - I'm breastfeeding so no medicine and have kids to look after so no sleep. I resorted to taking a antihistamine that my pharmacist said was ok for breastfeeding - it's stopped my nose running so that's a win.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
    I think I convinced DS not to go to the library. I still need to go to the shops to get nappies and milk though. I don't want to!

Although it is probably better than watching hi5.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (20-05-2016)