+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh @Keiko2012 so nice to hear from you, how is your little one going? I bet you can't wait for celebrations at Christmas.

Yes unfortunately still here on this crappy battle, 4 years and counting and not getting any nearer unfortunately. I was reading about royal jelly today and thought I might add it into the mix. Warren really thinks we have an underlying chromosomal issue with egg or sperm. He has suggested using donor sperm to basically rule out that issue probably because thats easier and cheaper to test. I definitely think its more likely to be my eggs though due to the pcos. I have read lots of different theories saying protocol can effect quality with pcos and maybe thats our main issue. We have been devestated after this recent cycle and cant see a way forward from here, we think it all may be coming to an end so checking any possibilities we can. I started acupuncture this cycle and my lining was the best it has ever been but unfortunately our embryos weren't so good, not sure how much it can do for quality.

Thanks for your reply hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Heyside I too am sorry to hear you're still on that horrible journey, but I also hope it gives you some hope that after 5 years of trying (5 IVF cycles) we got lucky! We too get heaps of eggs retrieved (usually around 17), we get about 10-12 fertilise, then day 3, bad news, only a few holding on. Well this last time, we had two holding on, on day 4, one looking a little better than the other and boom, 1.5 weeks later, I got a positive pregnancy test. I credit it to my new Dr (I suggest you switch if you haven't already and try someone else), my new Dr upped my meds, I started on 300 gonal f, instead of the 150 my old Dr did, and I reduced it slightly each day until I was on so little the days before retrieval. My Dr also gave me a nasal spray to trigger instead of the usual needle. I'm due in 3.5 weeks, so please don't give up hope. My old Dr has also mentioned donor eggs etc there is still hope! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectbub View Post
    Hi @Heyside I too am sorry to hear you're still on that horrible journey, but I also hope it gives you some hope that after 5 years of trying (5 IVF cycles) we got lucky! We too get heaps of eggs retrieved (usually around 17), we get about 10-12 fertilise, then day 3, bad news, only a few holding on. Well this last time, we had two holding on, on day 4, one looking a little better than the other and boom, 1.5 weeks later, I got a positive pregnancy test. I credit it to my new Dr (I suggest you switch if you haven't already and try someone else), my new Dr upped my meds, I started on 300 gonal f, instead of the 150 my old Dr did, and I reduced it slightly each day until I was on so little the days before retrieval. My Dr also gave me a nasal spray to trigger instead of the usual needle. I'm due in 3.5 weeks, so please don't give up hope. My old Dr has also mentioned donor eggs etc there is still hope! xxx
    Thanks for your reply hun really interesting to read and huge congratulations on your bfp and soon to be here bub. That's very interesting protocol with your dctr reducing the fsh closer to your trigger can I ask his reasoning for doing this and his belief on how it would improve egg quality - it obviously did the trick for you. I have heard the theory by DR Sher in the US of coasting before trigger (ie stopping fsh until estrogen drops) which helps quality in pcos, this seems very similar.
    I have been with my new dctr Warren Deambrosis for over a year now and we are very happy with him I just seem a difficult case to crack. Thanks for the idea of changing dctrs, we weren't happy at our last clinic at all. Thanks for the positive post hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside so sorry u are still on the roller coaster, I also was Ttc for 4 years we have our little miracle now but he has come after 3 early losses and one miscarriage after seeing heart beat.
    We changed clinic because like u ours dropped off dramatically after day 3, at our new clinic we got better numbers after day 3 but still no where near as many as collected (15) 4made it to testing and 3 came back normal.
    I was treated for nk cells also to help body stop miscarrying and changed protocols so I got an endometrial scratch on CD4 of transfer cycle but EPU CYCLE we did a low dose pill do down reg everything (progynova) then did Gonal f 100units and lowered it to 87.5 after 5 days, my fs wanted quality not quantity, we used certotide and triggered with ovidrel that got us 15 eggs collected and 3 chromosomally normal.
    I stuck it out with my old fs for 6 cycles and kept having the same issue I was so so nervous about changing but I thought what's the worst that could happen it FAILS!! Cause it wasn't working as is. First round with new fs and new clinic and we got our little miracle.
    Have u asked for pgd testing? They can test on day 3.
    Vitamins I took were metformin for egg quality and COq10 as there were many studies shown that it improves egg quality we took that 3 months prior to epu also took megafol and caltrate and vitd along with elevit. Gosh this brings back memories! I just got my book out so I could be exact on what I did. Wishing u the best of luck, ur doing an amazing strong and such a strong person, u will get ur miracle xxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (19-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @miissalina, sounds like you had a difficult journey to get your DS hun. Interesting that you also dropped your fsh dose after a few days I do wonder what the theory behind this is. Thanks for all the info x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside have you started ur new cycle yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking @missalina, we did a desperate attempt at an iui before Christmas as we couldn't fit a full ivf cycle in before the clinic closed. I am awaiting my bt on Saturday but not feeling positive at all and have no symptoms but we knew our chances were low. I am then planning on a lap next month to see whats going on along with ovarian drilling which I hope will improve things. We will then have 1 or 2 more attempts at ivf in 2017 but cant give it many more tries unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside GOODLUCK!! Sometimes symptoms don't mean much at all, it really sucks all this anxiety and ivf taking up every thought of ur day, I really hope they can tweak things if this cycle doesn't work and it's gets you your little one.
    I feel like it's a puzzle and sometimes it's just the smallest thing that needs changing and once you've found it it's all up hill
    I believe the change in our protocol and me taking prednisolone is what got us our baby hopefully warren can get it right for u xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @missalina we will see how things go and hopefully I find the perfect protocol for me x