It was horrible 😔 they were fleshy/pinkish colour clumps of tissue stuff. I've never seen anything like it and it made me feel so sad. I didn't know the one you lost was called poppy too 😞 the name came to me because I kept feeling pops going off after the transfer and it felt like the little embie was making me all poppy. It's frustrating because since passing whatever it was that I've passed, AF has stopped. Hopefully she starts back up overnight but right now it's been spotting, heavy bleeding, passing of whatever and now nothing. All in 24 hours. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
I am keen to find out our transfer date and I'm looking forward to moving on with our baby making plans. The drive there can be a real pain in the morning! Especially with all the traffic. Hopefully DS is good for you! Let's just hope this cycle is it for both of us hey? I think with 2 embies you will have an a really good shot!!!! Fingers crossed!
Results 401 to 410 of 1016
08-11-2015 21:43 #401
Same Sex Parents TTC List #3
08-11-2015 22:44 #402
Big hugs to you TNTH, beauty and rainbow. Xx
The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:
09-11-2015 07:42 #403
Yep. Definitely crossing fingers for us!
My Bleeding stopped for a day and then became normal but longer AF, maybe the same will happen for you. Let us know how today goes.
DS is pretty good and will hopefully just hang out with the admin ladies and the wiggles while I have my scan. But the drive is crap. I'll have to go home via a Maccas with a play area for him!
09-11-2015 11:40 #404
Same Sex Parents TTC List #3
We need to wait for bloods to know what's happening. Her lining is about 10mm at the moment but I have no idea what it's supposed to be anyway lol. One of her ovaries wasn't playing nice and was hiding so they will check her levels and then maybe bloods again in another couple of days. Her cycles can be longer than normal because of her PCO and I think they are normally around 5-6 weeks long at the moment so she should be getting close to go time now.
I'm so nervous already. If Nemo doesn't thaw then we might go another transfer with me this month but otherwise it will be a break until next year when we can go again. My December cycle will put me at transfer around 22nd which is way to close to Christmas so I think they will have closed by then.
Hope DS is good for you rainbow and hopefully he can have some fun on the play equipment after 😊
09-11-2015 13:59 #405
10mm is good. I think 8-13 is the ideal!
I was thinking the same as you about Xmas. Although i have to order sperm and wait for shipment so if I have to do another stim it'll probably be in Jan/feb next year. Hopefully it won't be necessary for either of us, but I like to have plans and be prepared.
09-11-2015 16:19 #406
Same Sex Parents TTC List #3
Yeah I like to be prepared too and completely forgot to ask about Christmas when I got the blood results. So DP will have more bloods on Wed because her E2 was about 455 and something else (we think LH) was 4.8. We are hoping that trigger will be Wednesday but we will see.
We will go for a walk this afternoon because I'm feeling like a heffa at the moment. I'm so bloated that I look about 6 months pregnant and I'm aching all over. I also want to chat to DP because I'm tempted for her to do a double transfer. I'm worried Nemo won't stick and that we will have missed a chance for one of hers to stick. If we do one from each and only one sticks then we will spend 8 1/2 months wondering which stuck. Ugh.
Last edited by TortoiseNotTheHare; 09-11-2015 at 16:21.
09-11-2015 16:33 #407
Oh that would kill me, not knowing. Lol. And you wouldn't know unless you did genetic testing - well you might suspect but not know for sure.
I don't think doing a double increases your chances of getting pregnant by much, but it does increase your chances of multiples. I would ideally love one singleton out of my transfer (if both embryos thaw and I put them both back). It's just not worth the risk of paying for a transfer with nothing to transfer if I put one back and it doesn't work and then the last one doesn't make it. Of course twins versus no baby? No brainer for me. But it would certainly make things harder in other respects!
She and I might really be cycling together, I'll be CD11 on wed and last cycle I triggered then. I think I might ovulate a day or two later than usual this cycle though. I will see Wednesday!
09-11-2015 16:41 #408
Yep I think it will be another 2WW together! I think we would be able to tell by looking at the baby because we have different backgrounds so should be fairly obvious. Unless the donor genes throw us off but unlikely.
If we go into this transfer and Nemo doesn't thaw then we get a refund of $1400 from the clinic and $1400 from Medicare so that we aren't out of pocket. The clinic have assured us we will only be out of pocket for the scripts we have already paid for and nothing else. Surely it would be the same for you if one of yours didn't thaw? They definitely don't charge if it doesn't proceed. Might be worth chatting to them about it. I don't know if I would be that worried about twins. I doubt we would actually end up with two. It's more for cost as well. I'm worried that we will have to end up pausing our journey because of the money we have dropped all at once. If Nemo doesn't make it I will feel like an idiot for spending all that money on my stim. It could have gone towards transfers with DP's embryos 😔
09-11-2015 16:49 #409
Oh that's good to know! I'm also concerned about cost especially now we are using my in laws money! So since the doc says I can do a double I probably will, at least then that's $1400 saved for my stim if it doesn't work. I don't really worry about the idea of twins out of the uterus. It's more the higher risk of a twin pregnancy, increased risk of pre-term birth and increased likelihood of c-sec (especially recovering from one with two newborns and a toddler). While I can imagine it would be all kinds of hectic, the prospect of two newborns doesn't really phase me.
You shouldn't feel upset you gave it a go and did a stim. I know I don't feel any resentment to DP for our attempts with her that didn't work... We owed it to ourselves to try at least, and now we know what we need to try to get a better result next time.
09-11-2015 18:08 #410
Yeah twins wouldn't bother me either but I would prefer DP to carry 2 because she is a much healthier weight and I think her body would handle it better.
We had a chat about it when we went for a walk and DP and I have decided that we will transfer Nemo as a single embryo and if he doesn't stick then we will go with another FET with me in Jan (I don't think we would squeeze one into December and I don't know if we would want that stress over Christmas). We will then continue with me and hopefully create a beautiful bub with the embryos we already have. We will then stim me again when we are ready to go for bub 2 and if it's no good then we will go from there. We feel we owe it to our dream to keep trying. We want to stay true to how we wanted to TTC and whilst it might be a hard journey I think it's one we are prepared to endure so that we feel at peace with our attempts. We will change our plan if and when we have tried enough that we feel like we can part with our dream.
For now I'm back to hoping and praying for little Nemo to be a fighter.
The Following User Says Thank You to TortoiseNotTheHare For This Useful Post:
By Best Things in forum Same Sex ParentsReplies: 805Last Post: Today, 18:46
By BeautyOfTheSoul in forum Same Sex ParentsReplies: 990Last Post: 08-10-2015, 13:54
By Green Mum to be in forum Same Sex ParentsReplies: 1019Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:47
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Food supplements for kidsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
IVF/ICSI/FET/due group March/April/May/June #3When are you due?