+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Nursing placement advice please

Wow I think the Uni is really out of line - telling you to get counselling so you can manage yourself when people actively discriminate against you - WTF! Talk about institutionalising bigotry!

I know this is the last thing you probably have the energy for OP but really what's happening here with you is awful. Please write a formal complaint to the hospital citing dates/times/quotes of what you have experienced with specific names. I hate to think that people like this get away with such revolting behaviour.

Good luck for the new placement! I'm glad you will get to finish this year! I think it's terribly sad that you feel you need to get speech lessons to change your accent
    Last edited by babyla; 13-10-2015 at 08:18.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (13-10-2015),smallpotatoes  (13-10-2015),Tiny Dancer  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Wow I think the Uni is really out of line - telling you to get counselling so you can manage yourself when people actively discriminate against you - WTF! Talk about institutionalising bigotry!

I know this is the last thing you probably have the energy for OP but really what's happening here with you is awful. Please write a formal complaint to the hospital citing dates/times/quotes of what you have experienced with specific names. I hate to think that people like this get away with such revolting behaviour.

Good luck for the new placement! I'm glad you will get to finish this year! I think it's terribly sad that you feel you need to get speech lessons to change your accent
    This. All of this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Um so can they not see the inconsistency with previous placements scores? you have been given highest marks previously and now all of a sudden you're no longer even safe to practice? I would point out that your previous pracs have all resulted in amazing results. You're fortunate at least you have this data.
    It's great you're offered another placement so soon but again if you were such a risk surely they would nt risk giving you this opportunity. Sorry I smell a cover up from their behalf. I
    Would hate to be a Muslim patient or another staff member at that hospital. In this day and age it's not acceptable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (13-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without naming and shaming is this a public or private ? Would it be worth going to your local member of its public?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it's sorted op

Thanks
    Reviews
    just a little update. .

ive done a few weeks at my new placement and I can honestly say..

its amazing
    I'm in the icu of the major hospital in my state and I feel so welcome. . like im part of the team .. no one makes rude comments to me or says nasty things. . in fact they say nice things they involve me in their conversations and talk to me at lunch.
    it makes me want to cry how sweet and helpful the staff are.

I was telling my partner about how they are at this hospital and

he says you're acting like it's the nicest thing in the world but it's just how normal people are.

And this placement has made me see just how badly I was treated at my last placement, it was disgraceful and I honestly thought that I had a mental problem or something wrong with me because of how people were being to me and I was really depressed from that.

But I actually smile at this placement I feel like a new person.

thank you all so much for all the messages and advice... now I look back I can see that I really must do all I can to complain about the nurses I had to deal with.

thank you all so so much

9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ieatshavingscum For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-11-2015),babyla  (08-11-2015),babyno1onboard  (06-11-2015),Carpe diem 2013  (07-11-2015),Happymum2  (06-11-2015),M'LadyEm  (06-11-2015),Mama Mirabelle  (07-11-2015),maternidade  (06-11-2015),Mrs Snowman  (06-11-2015),mummymaybe  (06-11-2015),Once Upon a Time  (07-11-2015),Papillon  (07-11-2015),sunnyflower  (07-11-2015),wobbleyhorse  (06-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear op! Good luck with it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news thanks for the update. I'm glad you're able to show the other place what's what

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So great to read your update. Who knows.... In the distant future you might use this experience to motivate you to get into a peer support role or student mentoring or something. Good luck. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Absolutely delighted!!l logged in just so I could reply. Was feeling very disillusioned with life/people when I read your original posts but your update is restoring my faith in humanity.
    Thanks so much for providing an update and I hope everything continues to go well for you both in your placement and in life in general.

Warmest regards,

carpe diem 2013.